Chapter 18

Hey all,

This book is almost up to 500 reads! I was never expecting this book to get so much attention. I'm still not sure if I like it or not O_O. Anyway, this book is almost up to 20 chapters, too. Maybe I'll do something special, any ideas what? I could do a special chapter or something? I don't know, if you have ideas, let me know! Even if someone said it already or you think it's stupid, tell me anyway. Although, I don't know if anyone will read this, but if you do, you get the reward of looking at this tree🌲. I mean, that's totally worth it, right?...I'll just...let myself out...

Izzy

~🌺~

I've gone around and interviewed about a quarter of the room, and the Doctor's done about a quarter too. We haven't found anyone that we find suspicious. There is still have a half of a room to go through, though.

I sit down at another table, with a creepy guy with grey skin and green eyes. No, I don't mean green irises, I mean entirely green eyes. He doesn't look happy to see me. This should be interesting.

"Hey," I say, trying not to sound scared.

"What do you want?" He asks in a low, deep whisper.

"Nothing, I just want to know if you'd know anything that would help us."

"I don't know nothin', kid," he scoffs.

"You sure? Oh well, what brings you here?" I ask, still trying to get answers. I don't trust this guy at all.

"What do you think? I came here to eat!"

"By yourself, though? Why come here all alone?"

"I don't have any family, don't have any friends. You get used to doing things alone." He moves his arms, revealing scars from burns, and new, swollen burns. They look like chemical burns.

"What did you do to your arms?" I ask.

"Not your problem," he grunts.

"Oh, it really is," I say, trying to sound threatening.

"...I burnt myself on a stove," he says, without taking his eyes off me.

"When you were in the kitchen in this restaurant?"

"I was never in the kitchen here."

"Really? I could have sworn I saw you going into the kitchen," I say.

The man stares at me, and I start to feel uncomfortable. "I was bringing something to my uh...cousin."

"Oh, so what happened to the whole 'I don't got no family or friends' thing? You're lying to me, and those burns on your skin are obviously chemical burns. You-" The man lurches for me, grabbing my hands and digging his rotting fingernails into my skin.

"My oh my, you're a smart little girl, aren't ya? I was so relieved when I saw you walk over here, I thought it would be so easy to lie to you, mess with ya and you wouldn't know the difference. But I'm impressed, I really am. I heard you with that man. You knew about the water way ahead of time. Yeah, I poisoned the water. I just dumped a large amount of the drug into their main water supply, figured it would either knock everyone out enough for me to do what I had to do or kill you all. Just in case though, I shut down all the lights. Good thing I did too, or you and that man would have found me sooner." He whispers, clenching my hands even harder.

"What did you do when you turned the lights out?" I ask, trying to sound calm.

"Heh, you're smart girl, but you sure can be naïve. Tell me, where's the waiting staff? They wouldn't drink the water, no matter how many times I suggested it. So, I did what I had to do."