Commitment

Commitment

by Antonio Giovanni Rumere 

 I think I have a hard time with commitment because I get easily distracted by pretty women. On one occasion, I remember my boys brought me to this house jam. At the time, I was going out with this sweet girl, and I didn’t plan to do anything with anyone else because I didn’t want to mess up what we had. But then I started drinking, and I got to know this other girl, and she got the better of me if u know what I mean.

I know that it’s an unhealthy relationship if you don’t show the other person any sign of respect, you don’t listen, or you’re always disrespecting the person you’re supposed to be with. On the other hand, I find it hard to talk with a girl about what it means to be faithful. 

I think that a healthy relationship needs three key factors: 

1) Communication. If you’re having a hard time commu¬nicating with the person you like, either you’ve got to try harder or find someone else that you can communicate with. 

2) Trust. If you can’t trust the person you like, and they can’t trust you, then there is no point in both of you wasting your time. 

3) Loyalty. If you’re not loyal with your partner, why should you be upset if you’re always thinking that the other person is cheating on you? ‘Cause that’s what happens when you cheat. You both have to decide what it means to be loyal and then do it. 

I’m telling you from experience, if you do not have these three things, best believe that your person ain’t calling you no more.