Ch.6

Ilima's P.O.V.
When I saw Kiawe sing, I was so proud of him. I've known about him liking Mallow for, three years? I can't remember exactly I just know it's been a long time. She blushed and I saw her say something to Y/N. I wanted to congratulate them both but I couldn't bare going near Y/N. "Ilima," I heard Lana say, "are you alright?" "Honestly, not really." "Oh....Well the professor is looking for you..." "Where is he?" "He's down by the entrance to Iki town." "Ok, I'll be off!" I walked quickly. I saw Kiawe turn his head and look at me, I could tell he wanted me to stop, I didn't want too but he looked at me with pleading eyes. "Ilima, what's up?" "Nothing, the professor wanted to see me." "No no, I'm not talking about you leaving early, I'm talking about you not congratulating me!" "I'm sorry, I'm happy for you, I just have personal crap I have to deal with." "Ilima, we're basically best friends, what's up?" "I'm just not not good at balancing my personal life, and being a trial captain." "What're you talking about, you hang with me all the time." "Do I really? When's the last time we got together?" "Uh-Ok point taken." "See, I'm just not good at it." "Then get good!" (I had too😂) he looked at me and punched me in the arm. "I think you need to talk to Y/N, I can tell she's upset." "I-I don't know what to say." "Tell her your best friends and you want to fix your relationship, and, you need to apologize." "I-I know your right, but-" "But nothing, go tell her your sorry or I'll drag you there myself." "What about the professor?" "Just tell him when you see him, but he'll understand." "I can't do this." "Fine, but if you don't now it'll only get worse, Ilima, she cares, I know she does, but she cares so much she knows this is the push you need, she's stepping away from you, she doesn't want to force you to talk!" "She's my best friend, and yet I can't even tell her everything..." "What, that you were have anxiety attacks one a week, that your father has found you passed out, near death, from you falling into a bookshelf, that the reason you keep your hands in your pockets is because when you talk to people they shake uncontrollably, those are a part of you, she wants the whole you, the anxiety and all, she loves you for the boy she knew, and I know in my heart that he's in your body, I know that he's alive, no matter what you say, or do, or think!" "Yeah, but him and me are different people, I can't flip the switch, I can't just turn into that boy who doesn't care about the world!" "Maybe not, but I know if you try, you can learn to control your anxiety, at least in front of all of us, you can learn to let your emotions show!" I fell to the ground and felt the hot tears streaming down my cheeks. He knelt beside me and grabbed my shoulder. "Ilima, come back, please, don't go, don't give in, keep your eyes ope-" His words were cut off as my mind faded to darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hoiiii, sorry this chapter is a bit shorter, I wanted to get it out sooner, but my family took our annual road trip to this port town where I'm from, and it takes three hours to get to from where I live, anyway, THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR ONE HUNDRED READS, I'm gonna be honest when I realized I'd been spelling the guy's name wrong, I figured people would find me stupid, but y'all stuck with me, I had hopes for this book, and though it's been a while since it was published, this is still faster than I thought it'd go-See Ya😱