Chapter 20

Sincere

"So you mean to tell me you been sleeping around with that fine ass drug dealer for the past few months and you haven't told me yet?" Dawn asked me. Dawn was my hair dresser and has been my hair dresser for the past few years but seeing as though I've been with Effrin for the past few months I haven't got a chance to catch her up on things.

"I mean, it was kind of obvious Dawn."

She smacked on the gum she had in her mouth as she continued pressing my hair. "Not obvious enough, I didn't know. You know I'm supposed to know everything. Word around the street was that he got some hoe pregnant and that y'all were broken up. Since when did things change?" she asked.

"When he got shot."

She pulled the pressing comb away from my head. "By who!?" she yelled, drawing attention to us. She rolled her eyes at the people and turned back to me.

"My ex, Quan?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah, why'd he do it?"

"Because he claimed he was tired of King constantly getting in our business plus the nigga was a big ass liar," I replied.

"How?"

"The bitch said he went to jail, his name wasn't even Quan it was Russel and he wasn't even 24. The bitch nigga was 31 years old."

"What!?" she yelled. "Dawn."

I looked up and watched as her manager, Tina, walked up to her with her arms folded. "I'm gonna need you to lower your voice," she said to Dawn, walking back over to the register.

"I can't stand that bitch. Can't even understand what her ass be saying half the time, bitch needs a translator."

I couldn't contain my laughter, agreeing with Dawn. Tina was a Hispanic woman in her mid-forties. She came from Mexico about 10 years ago, migrated to Compton and opened up this beauty shop with her boyfriend, who sells weave, cars and drugs out the back.

"But yeah Russel was just a fake but guess what else," I said, watching her style my hair in the mirror.

"What?" she asked.

"King got me pregnant and now he's talking about all the two of us are, are fuck buddies."

"You got to be fucking with me Sin." "Nah. The nigga broke into my house a few weeks ago at four in the morning talking about he thought I had a disease," I replied.

"Where'd he get that shit from?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Shit, I don't know. I swear he just makes up stuff for us to fight about then he sits back acting like the victim. It's always him, he's the one fucking our relationship up," I replied.

"It definitely sounds like that's what he's doing. So, tell me something Sin, do you want to be just a fuck buddy?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "No. I want to be with him but it seems like the only times we're actually getting along is during sex," I replied.

"Well try it out."

"What? Just being a fuck buddy when I know the two of us don't want to look at each other just as that when we've got a baby on the way?" I asked her.

"Yeah, just try it out. Trust me the nigga will cave in a few months, especially when he see's that baby."

"And what about my feelings, Dawn? I'm so tired of seeing these hoes all over him and getting all of his attention when I know I want it," I said.