Chapter 19

Sincere

I tapped my fingers against my backpack and walked out of the crowded school building. Effrin and I had been seriously talking for about eight months now and even though we didn't have a title, everyone just knew what was going on, and knew that the two of us were off limits. We were technically together and I wasn't going to let one of these dirty hoes that go to school with me take him away.

I walked across the parking lot looking for my Grandma's car when I saw Effrin parked by the fence. He stood at the passenger's door side waiting for me. I smiled and walked over to him until I saw a group of girls walking over to him too. I rolled my eyes and just kept walking as if I didn't see them but I picked up my pace so I could get there but it seemed like they were moving just as fast as I was, maybe even faster.

They beat me to it. The five girls crowded around him all trying to get his attention so they could get laid, get pregnant and end up having his baby so he'd be permanently stuck to them for 18 years but that wasn't going to happen on my watch. "You know you're looking real fine lately," this one chick said as she grabbed on to his arm. "How about you give me a ride in your car and I'll show you a good time?"

Effrin shook his head, smiling. "Nah I don't know about that." "

How come? You standing here by yourself when me and my girls can show you how to have a good time," the chick pressed on.

I smacked my lips, pushed through the girls and walked up to Effrin. "Hey baby," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. Effrin grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him while his hands slipped down to my butt.

"What's up," he mumbled against my hair.

"So, this is you?" the chick asked Effrin as he pulled away from me.

"Yeah."

I took off my backpack and handed it to Effrin. "C'mon let's go to your house," I said, standing in front of the car door. Effrin pulled the door open, handed me my backpack and closed it before going around to the driver's side of the car. I sat there in the car, smiling at those dirty hoes. "

Fuck you!" One of them yelled as Effrin pulled off from the school.

I sat back in my seat and sighed. "Why do you always have so many hoes over you all the time?" I mumbled.

"I don't. I can't help it that they want me. You saw me standing there and they just walked up to me, down to fuck but I don't want them."

"I know you don't."

"Then stop worrying all the time. How was school?" he asked, changing the subject.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It was okay."

He looked over at me and smiled. "It was okay? Now, I know you've got more to say than just it was okay. What happened to that bitch you was doing that project with for um English?"

I turned to him. "She bailed on me and didn't even show up today so I had to present the project by myself."

He grinned. "I bet you was scared," he teased.

I smacked my lips. "No, I wasn't. I just did it but still I put my name on the project and she better get an F too tomorrow. I'm gonna go off on her tomorrow," I said, getting heated.

He laughed. "No you aren't."

"Yeah I am. She's not going to get away with screwing me over just 'cause she claims she's got the flu."