Chapter 18

Sincere

"Can you at least give him a call? I mean, nobody's heard from him since dinner four night," I begged Marlon for the hundredth time because I knew Effrin wouldn't answer my calls. Nobody's seen or heard from him but it seemed like I was the only person who cared. Effrin just disappeared on Sunday after he attacked everybody at his Mama's house.

Marlon shrugged me off and kept watching the TV. "Stop worry about him. He's probably just somewhere blowing off steam, he'll be home soon."

"Don't you care?" I asked, standing in front of him as he tried pushing me out of his way.

"Yeah but he's a grown ass man. I'm sure he can handle himself if anything happened to him," Marlon reassured me.

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him on the couch, giving up worrying about Effrin's since nobody else seemed to give a fuck, plus I didn't need to be putting stress on the baby. Marlon's right, Effrin's grown, if he wanted to come home he will have called by now, so he's most likely fine. He's probably just at the trap house or with some of his friends.

"So what made the kid blow up at Aunt Gloria's?" Marlon asked out of the blue.

I sighed. "Because her boyfriend proposed to her and he's just upset about everything. He pulled a gun out on her fiancee."

"Damn. I know Aunt Gloria beat his ass right?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah she slapped him when they were standing out on the porch. Shit, I would have too if I wasn't pregnant."

He stopped starring at the TV and turned to me. "You're pregnant? With who's baby?"

I rolled my eyes. "With Effrin's baby," I replied.

"Oh you're for real?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah I'm three months pregnant."

"And he knows?"

I nodded my head, again. "Yeah, why wouldn't he know?"

He sighed. "Nothing, don't worry about it," he mumbled, turning back to the TV.

"No, tell me. What's going on Marlon?"

"Nothing, don't worry about it."

"Just tell me," I pushed.

"It's none of my business to be telling. Just ask your mans," he replied, now ignoring me.

I rolled my eyes. "Man you're just as irritating as Effrin."

He shrugged his shoulders and laid back on the couch as I heard the front door close. "That's probably your man," he said, as I climbed off of the couch.

I walked around the house to get to the front door and when I did, I saw two girls all over Effrin's as he led them upstairs. The girls kissed, licked and sucked on his body as they pulled his clothes off of him.

I bit my lip, holding back my tears. So, this is what's he's been doing while I've been here worrying about him. "Effrin's, what are you doing?" I asked him.

He and the girls stopped and all looked at me. "Having a little fun Sincere. Come upstairs if you wanna have a four some," he said, walking up the steps with the girls.

I rolled my eyes. Effrin's was just acting like an ass because he was upset but he didn't need to do this. He wasn't high, nor was he drunk. He's completely sane at the moment, so I know it's him speaking and not some drugs and alcohol. I walked back around the house to the living room where Marlon was at.