Chapter 38

Candy

I pulled my body up from the table I had been thrown into and crawled over to my phone. I grabbed my purse and pulled my phone out of it. I scrolled through my phone for my app and pulled it up, tracking the whereabouts of Effrin. I laid back on the ground and waited for it to load. I couldn't take this shit from Harlem anymore. I was in it for the money but it's been two years of this shit and all we've done is capture Sincere for Effrin and his crew to come and kill Harlem and I.

But as soon as I get to Effrin, I'm going to tell him the truth and I know then he'll save me and kill Harlem. Once the app loaded, I found Effrin at the old house on Washington. I quickly pulled my sore body up from the table and made a run for it. I was limping badly on my right leg, from a piece of the wood from the table sticking in it but I had to keep running. I wasn't going to let Harlem run all over me anymore.

I quietly made it out of Harlem's house and just ran the few blocks to the house on Washington. It wasn't very far, only about two blocks away from our other house. "King!" I yelled once I saw the cars of his crew pulled up around the house Harlem and I burned down. The burning of the house was just a front for King so he would think we took Sincere here and burned her and the house down. "King! Jason!" I yelled when I saw them stepping out of their cars.

"KING!" I yelled, running towards him as the cool night air blew against my body. I held on to his shoulders as I finally made it up to him, trying to maintain my balance but he pushed me down on the ground. He pulled out his gun and held it over me. "Wait-Wait! Before you shoot I can help you!" I yelled, holding my hands up.

"Tell me why I shouldn't just murder you right here?" he asked, spitting on me.

"Because I can tell you where Sincere is!"

He sarcastically laughed and pulled me up by my hair, throwing me up against his car. My side hit the mirror and I slid down screaming in pain. "King, please!" I yelled, looking up at him as he stood over me, with the most angry expression on his face.

"King please? Fuck that shit bitch! You a dirty ass hoe," he said, kicking me in my sides. I screamed out in pain every time he kicked me until Jason pulled him back.

"Man chill, maybe the broad can tell us where Sincere is. Don't kill her just yet," Jason told him.

King sighed and looked down at me. "Where's Sincere? And you better not say any stupid shit either," King said.

"I-I can show you but you need to hurry. Harlem's got her in his room and I heard her screaming."

"Get your ass in the car then and show me," he said.

"Y'all, follow me!" King yelled to the rest of his crew.

I climbed into his car and he took off. "Just keep going straight. They're on Kentucky, it's the fourth house on the right," I said, laying back in the seat. "King?" I whispered. I knew he heard me, he just didn't respond. His head was so far up Sincere's ass that he couldn't even smell her shit. "W-What does Sincere have that I don't? What's wrong with me?"

"You're a dirty ass, lame ass, conniving little bitch," he replied.

"Why don't you love me like I love you?"

"Bitch you don't love me. I'll never love a dirty ass whore like you. You were just somebody to have sex with," he said.

"Isn't that what Sincere is? It ain't like the two of y'all are together! I love you King! I just want to be with you and have a family with you but you went on and got that bitch pregnant," I yelled, growing angry.

"I don't love you, shit I don't even like you! I hate your fucking guts bitch," he yelled.

"Well I love you, look," I rolled up my shirt to show him the tattoo of his name that I had below my collarbone, just like Sincere. "I got your name on me."

He pulled up at the house and looked over at me, disgusted. "The fuck you do that shit for?"

"Because I love you," I replied.

"Look, just get your ass out the car and show me how I can get into this damn house."

I nodded my head and just went along with his obligations, knowing it would pay off for me in the end. The rest of his crew pulled up at the house and they all got out, following me inside of the house. "Be quiet," I said about to walk in the house but King pushed me out of the way and went in first.

s