Chapter 31

Effrin

Sincere: Where are you?

Effrin: I'm outside.

"Yeah man I heard Harlem and Candy on they way back from Tahiti. They should be coming home by Friday," Jason said, pulling up to Sincere's Mama's house.

I kissed my teeth and grabbed my duffel bag. "Damn," I mumbled, shaking my head. It was only early Monday morning, 3 A.M. to be exact, so that left me no time to get acquainted to my old life and still get this plan going.

"But you know I'm always gonna be here. I got you, me and the crew got you man. If you wasn't in jail I would have taken them bitches out months ago but I knew it was something you'd want to do. I should have done it though," Jason replied.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It wouldn't have made a difference to me. I just want them dead, even though I do want to see them bitches suffer."

He looked over at me and laughed. "They deserve to suffer but look I need to head back down to Compton to make a few drops," he said, starting his car up again.

"A'ight man. Take the week off. I'll have somebody else take over for you until I say so. What I need you to do is to be down with this plan."

He gave me some dap. "I got you man."

"You do that and I got rewards for you man. I really appreciate it though, you know you like the only nigga I trust out here," I said.

He laughed and pushed me. "Nigga get out of my car with all that emotional shit. Jail done fucked up your emotions."

I laughed. "Whatever. I'm gonna give you a call later today though about getting some shit together," I replied.

He nodded his head. "A'ight," he replied, looking out at the house as a light came on in one of the room's upstairs. Somebody peeked their heads out of the curtains and I knew it was Sincere.

"See you tomorrow and thanks for the ride." I hopped out of his car and closed the door behind me as I walked up to the porch. I stood at the door waiting on Sincere to get to the door while Jason pulled off. "C'mon Sincere," I mumbled, folding my arms as the cool Fresno air shifted across my body. The light by the door came on, the doors unlocked and Sincere stood in front of me.

She yawned and moved over to I could walk inside. "Be quiet. Mama, Jerome and Tori are sleeping."

I nodded my head and followed her upstairs after she flipped off all of the lights. She quietly crept into her room and closed the door behind me like we were teenagers again and she was trying to sneak me upstairs to her room without her Grandmother hearing us. I dropped my duffel bag at the end of her bed and climbed into bed next to her. I flipped off the lights and pulled the covers over me, with my back turned to her.

"You know you walkin' different?" I asked, looking down at the wrinkled sheets.

"Huh?"

"You walkin' different ma, like you got some good dick. Who you been sleeping with?"

I could hear her scoff behind me. "I haven't been sleeping with nobody Effrin. I've been in the house all day."

I sighed and closed my eyes. "I've known you for seven years and been in a relationship with you for like sex Sincere, I know when you're lying to me."

That last little comment shut her up for the night. She didn't say anything else to me as she finally drifted off to sleep getting caught up in her own lies. I knew she was with some nigga while I was gone but I hope I didn't come off like I was jealous. I don't care for another nigga being inside of her but I think it's good that she's finally moving on from us. I just don't want her sleeping around when my daughter is around though.

I sighed and turned over and tapped her shoulder but she didn't wake up. I leaned over her and opened up one of her eyes. "Sincere," I whispered.

She forcefully blinked her eyes then turned to me. "What the hell is your problem? It's late Effrin, I just wanna sleep before Victoria wakes up again," she mumbled, closing her eyes again.

"I just have to ask you something though."

"Make it quick," she replied, annoyed by me trying to talk to her.

"Well more like tell you something."

"Okay?" she asked, wanting me to continue.

"I don't care how many niggas you fuck and duck, just don't bring them around my daughter or we gon' have some problems. You feel me?"

She smacked her lips. "I'm not stupid."

"A'ight, well that doesn't answer my question."

"I'm not stupid. I'm not going to bring any other niggas around Tori. And before you come back trying to confront me you need to reevaluate what you say to me. If I'm fuckin' and duckin' niggas that means they're a one night stand and nothing more, so they wouldn't even get a chance to know I had a daughter, come back to my house or know I gotta nosy ass baby daddy on my case," she replied, turning away from me.

"I'm not being nosy, I'm just trying to help you."

"Look, I don't need your help with my sex life or my relationships. I'm pretty fine, if I must say so myself, with finding some other nigga. I don't know if you're having problems but I'm not," she said.

"Oh I ain't having problems."

"Alright then keep your dick to yourself, I'll keep my pussy to myself and we'll keep this as simply as parents who are happily seeing other people."

"Nah fuck that shit. I need the pussy," I replied.

"Try to restrain from needing it."

I scoffed. "What's with you ma?"

"I don't need you confronting me about something that you don't have any business knowing."

"I think it is my business that the mother of my daughter is bringing niggas around her, that I don't know about. I think I should be pretty damn concerned."

"Good night," she mumbled, taking her pillows from under her head and piling them in between us.

"What the fuck you doing?" I asked her.

"Making sure you can't touch me."

I smacked my lips and reached over the pillows, smacking her ass. "I touched you and reached over the pillows, what'chu gonna do?" I smirked.

She finally sat up and pushed the pillows off of the bed before climbing on top of me. "Stop acting like a jackass and just fuck me Effrin."