Chapter 44

Sincere

I tapped my fingers along to the beat of the song as it seemed like everybody else but me was enjoying their time tonight at the club. Honestly, I was really upset that Charmaine dragged me here against my will. I know I played a part in coming by never declining but I thought it would get my mind off of things going on at home. I keep trying to drain my thoughts with alcohol or listen to the blasting music but my mind just continues to drift back to home.

I pulled my phone out of my bag to check to see if I had any messages from Effrin about Victoria but I didn't have any messages or missed calls from anyone, except Granny, who wanted to see me and the baby tomorrow. I sighed and stuffed my phone back into my purse when somebody laid a hand on my shoulder. I turned my attention to Mona, who looked just as bored as I did. "What's up? You feeling okay," she asked, taking a seat across from me at the table I was sitting at.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I've been better."

"Tell me what's wrong," she said, getting comfortable at the table but I really wasn't in the mood to be telling an off the clock therapist about my problems in the middle of a club filled with sexy men.

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. You don't have to listen to me."

She smiled. "Alright, you sure? Do you want to have sex or something?"

I scrunched up my face and looked up at her. "Sorry Mona...but um I'm not gay."

She laughed. "I'm not talking about with me Sincere, I was wondering if you were horny and wanted to have sex with one of these men."

"No. I'm just kind of bored, that's all," I replied.

"Oh, well come up to V.I.P with Dawn, Charmaine and I. We were having a good time up there until I looked down and saw how bored and pitiful you looked here by yourself," she stood up and held out her hand for me so I could get up.

"No thanks. I'm just going to stay here."

"And look pitiful? Not on my watch," she said, pulling me up.

"Plus there's cute guys up here," she sang.

I couldn't help but laugh as she took me upstairs to where to the V.I.P lounges were at. We passed by the bouncer, Freddie, who was standing outside earlier letting people in. "Is this another one of Charmaine's sexy friends?"

Mona smiled. "Yeah she is."

"Man all of y'all need to come back to my crib so we could get it on. I wouldn't mind having all of y'all in my bed tonight."

Mona grinned. "I'd like to be in your bed too baby. You mind if she comes into V.I.P with us?" S

He sighed. "I don't know ma. It's already kind of full of girls trying to talk to the ballas in there. You feel me?"

Mona nodded her head. "Yeah but I'm sure you can kick one of them broke bitches out so she can come in. Look at that ass," Mona turned me around and smacked my ass.

I stood there confused as hell. Was she feelin' Freddie or was she just trying to get inside? Freddie bit his lip as I turned back around to face him. "Girl you ain't lyin' though. She got a nice, fat ass. You got a man," he asked me. I nodded my head, even though I was lying. I wouldn't say he was ugly but he definitely wasn't my type. He smacked his lips. "Damn ma. Well maybe we could get something going one of these nights."

"Yeah, maybe," I replied as he opened up the door to the V.I.P lounge for Mona and I. He walked in ahead of us, letting out a couple of the ugly girls to make room for me. "You feeling that nigga," I asked Mona.