Chapter 3

Sincere

Quincy has been in town for five days, and the only thing that seemed to be on his mind was finding Effrin. This is why I loved Quincy. He always seemed like the only genuine family member I had. None of the rest of them loved me like he did, and if they did they had a terrible way of showing it. He was the only one to ever go out of his way for me. The only other person to care for me as much as Quincy does is Effrin.

I pulled my front door open, expecting to be visited by Effrin but it was only Quan. "Is it that little punk at the door?" Quincy yelled from in my kitchen.

Quan looked at me confused as he kissed my cheek. "No!" I yelled back.

"Who's that?" Quan asked, closing the door behind him.

"I'm her brother, who the hell are you?"

I turned around and saw Quincy walking out of the kitchen with his pistol in his hands. "Damn it Q, it's just Quan. Where'd you get that gun from?" I asked him.

"It's just my service pistol, just chill." He pushed past me and walked up to Quan, who looked so lost. "What's your name?"

"Quan, like she said," he replied.

"That ain't a real name."

Quan sighed and looked past Quincy at me. "Sin, who is this nigga?"

Quincy grabbed a hold of Quan's face and turned it back towards his. "What's your real name?"

"JaQuan, nigga damn. Who are you and why you all up in this house? This another one of your crazy ex's Sin?"

"Nah I'm your worst nightmare," Quincy said, putting his gun up to Quan's chest.

I pulled Quincy back and laughed."You think that's funny?" Quan asked me.

I nodded my head, yes. "It's just my brother, Quincy. He's here to beat Effrin's ass."

"Oh fasho. I been meaning to beat his ass for the longest. Why you don't like the nigga?" Quincy shook his head and walked back into the kitchen, ignoring Quan. "Well damn, what's wrong with him?" he asked me as he sat down on the couch. He grabbed a hold of my waist and stood me in front of him.

"He's just upset, that's all. How come you're two days late?" I asked him.

He smiled and sat me down on his lap. "We had to have a family intervention. Them niggas got to fighting over who was gon' drink the last beer." I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. "My grandma thought it was necessary to talk to the family so she made everybody stay and beat everybody's ass that tried to leave but those five days felt like an eternity," he replied, leaning in to kiss my lips.

I smiled and quickly pecked his lips but he grabbed the sides of my face and pulled me back in. Shit. I loved when he'd do that. I turned around so I was straddling him while I took off his jacket. His hands moved their way down to my butt. He rested his hands on my ass, occasionally grabbing it when I'd grind up against the boner that he was beginning to form under me. I pulled away.

"Damn. I missed you," I said, catching my breath.

"I missed you too gorgeous. When is your brother leaving so I can take yo' fine ass upstairs to the shower?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. He just wants to beat Effrin's ass and once he does I think he's gonna leave but he might stay for the night."

Quan smacked his lips. "Damn, that nigga don't got no home or something?" he asked, slightly laughing.

"He's on leave from the military right now so he's staying with my Mama."