Chapter 29

Sincere

After feeding Victoria and burping her, I changed her diaper. I laid her back on my bed and just starred at her as I changed her diaper. I snapped her clothes closed and hovered over her, looking into her eyes. She looked back at me, probably wondering what I was doing. I leaned down and kissed her cheeks and her nose, all over her face until she was covered in kisses.

She starred back at me moving around on the bed as I started tickling her, causing a smile to appear on her face. She lifted her legs up, still with that big smile on her face that reminded me of Effrin. When ever she smiled she reminded me of how Effrin looked when he'd smile and those dimples...I can't with her dimples. They weren't as deep as the dimples Effrin had, but they were still there and adorable.

I smiled and pushed my hair behind my ear, looking down at the big smile on her face. I made my way down to her feet and tickled them, making her squirm all over the bed, trying to get away from me. I laughed and picked her up, holding her down in my arms as she reached up to my face, hitting my mouth. I laughed and backed up from her. "No Tori!" I giggled, grabbing her hands.

I kissed her hands as somebody walked into the room. I looked up and saw Monroe making her way into my room, uninvited. "Can we talk?" she asked, walking over to my bed.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure," I mumbled.

She sat down on the opposite end of my bed and crossed her legs. "I meant to tell you this at your shower a few weeks ago but you know we were kind of interrupted," she smiled, pointing to Tori, who was chewing on the sleeve of my shirt.

I nodded my head, not sure if I should be mad that she called my daughter an interruption or happy that this is the first time I've ever seen her smile around me, and it looked like a genuine smile, not one of those fake one's she always threw my way. "Yeah I know, so what did you want to talk about?" I asked, not really caring about this conversation.

"About you."

I looked up at her. "What about me?" I asked.

She sighed and fiddled with her wedding ring. "Quincy told me about what happened to you all of those years and what you've been going through. I know I'm not the best sister in the world but I'm sorry for not being there. I know we can't get back all of those years but I really wish I could have been there for you, instead of acting like a little kid."

I scoffed. "You're acting like something tragic happened to me," I mumbled.

"Two guys beat your ass Sincere and now you've got a baby by a guy who beat your ass. You should have told Mama."

I wrapped my arms tighter around Tori. "There was nothing to tell, Monroe. I didn't need Mama's help and you just don't understand what Effrin and I have going on."

"I do, you need to stop messing around with him. He's no good," she stressed.

"You just don't understand. It's too complicated to understand. I love Effrin and he loves me too. I beat his ass and he beats mine, it's only fair."

She looked at me like I was crazy. "It's not fair Sincere. Neither of you should put your hands on each other, especially him. He shouldn't be putting his hands on you and he's a drug dealer, too? C'mon Sincere you can do better than him," she replied.

"I can do better than him. He's everything I want in a man and like it or not we're going to get married one day and he's going to be your brother-in-law."

She sighed. "Fine, be that way. I'm just trying to help you because what if one day he gets upset and instead of beating you or pulling a gun out on you, he does that to Victoria? You wouldn't like that."