Chapter 17

Effrin

These last three months have been hell for Sincere and I. Aside from Antoine and Candy constantly pestering the two of us, whatever that's going on between us is slowly starting to crumble. She's still caught up on the shit that happened at Jason's party weeks ago talking about I didn't defend her, when I clearly did. She's the one who made me put my gun down and she's the one who decided it was okay to hit hat nigga upside the head with a bottle like she was Drake or something.

I ain't tell her to do all that shit. If it was up to me, two bullet holes in his chest would have easily got rid of him but she said no, just like how she said no to me about doing the exact same thing to Russel, who beat her ass. She brings this shit upon herself because I'm always strapped and ready to pull the trigger on these dumb ass niggas.

She's making me weak. She's letting these niggas think they can get out of line since I keep letting Antoine and Russel off, all because of her. She knows I've got some smart niggas behind my back so there wouldn't be any trace that I killed the two of them for her. This is all for her but it seems like she doesn't give a fuck.

It's like I'm constantly doing something wrong, that's exactly why I can't bring up this getting tested shit up around her because I know she'll flip. Marlon's been pestering me about it everyday for the past three months and it's a surprise I haven't flipped my lid yet. I've got Marlon in one ear and Sincere barely speaking to me in the other. I don't know which one is worst though. Sincere only speaks to me when we're arguing but that's about it. Not even a fucking 'good morning' anymore.

She barely touches me but, shit, I don't blame her. I don't want to touch her either. I'm still thinking about that shit Marlon's been talking so it's fine with me if she doesn't touch me. It's just another excuse I wouldn't have to make up but I am in the need of some pussy though. I haven't slept with her in like two months and the sexual tension is really one of the main problems around here.

I sighed and put the fakest smile on my face as I turned down my mom's street. Sincere insisted that we have dinner with my Mama tonight, for reasons that I don't know. She refuses to tell me what's going on so I just went along with it, hoping that we wouldn't get to arguing again. I just know she's got some big news to tell us.

I pulled up into the driveway and turned to Sincere. "Could you not act like an ass while we're here? I don't need Mama getting all involved in our business, so you can go back to acting the way you do as soon as we leave, just don't do it here. You got it?" I asked her. I didn't give a damn about my blunt words, she needed somebody to tell her how she's been acting like an asshole.

She rolled her eyes and sat back in her seat. "You've been acting like an ass too, always trying to push me away from you when all I'm trying to do is 'us'. Isn't that what you wanted?" she asked, trying to turn the tables on me like I've been doing something to her, even though it was partially the truth. I was distancing myself from her.

"Look, just drop it for the couple hours that we'll be here. Damn," I said, climbing out of the car.

I came around to her side and opened up the door for her. She stepped out, grabbing on to my hand as I pulled her out of my car. I closed the door behind her, put my arm around her shoulder and put the biggest, fakest smile on my face as Mama stood at the door waiting on us to come in.

She smiled. "You two are so cute!" she squealed as we walked inside.

I took a sharp breath through my nose. "Thanks Mama. How you been doing? You get the money I sent you?" I asked, giving her the biggest hug ever. It's been a couple of weeks since I had seen her even though I talked to her on the phone every day.