Chapter 33

Effrin

I stood up from Mama's couch and made my way upstairs to my old bedroom. I closed the door behind myself and continued talking to Jason. "Where you at man? The crew 'bout to head out for a minute and go check out this house they had Marlon at."

"Oh for real? When y'all about to leave?"

"Like an hour or when you get here. You coming through?" he asked.

I scratched the back of my had and looked around the room, contemplating on whether or not I should go. I don't wanna leave Sincere and Victoria but I need to head out and find out what's been going on with Harlem and Candy. I need the two of them dead by the end of the week, so leaving is my only option right now. "Yeah man, I'll be over in a minute," I replied.

"A'ight and bring Marlon with you too."

"Okay. I got you," I said, hanging up the phone. I sighed and walked downstairs to the rest of my family members who hadn't got the hint that it was time to leave hours ago. It was going on eleven o'clock and they were still here even though the cook out ended hours ago. They needed to go. "I gotta head out Mama," I said, putting on my shoes.

She sighed. "Where you going now boy? And you're gonna leave Sincere and the baby, too?"

I looked over at Sincere who was talking to Dre. I think he was a friend of Fred's or maybe he was my cousin. Shit, I didn't know. Niggas would just pop up every time the family got together and claim to be a distant relative. "Can they stay here until I get back? I really got some important business to handle," I replied, kissing her cheek.

She rolled her eyes. "I don't mind them staying here but family first."

"I know family first, that's why I got some business to handle, for my family," I said, walking over to Sincere. "I need to head out with Jason and Marlon for a few hours ma."

Sincere sighed. "Alright."

"And Mama said you and Tori can stay until I get back."

"I was gonna stay anyway, but okay," she replied.

"I'll call you when I'm on my way back." She nodded her head, pushing me away, as she continued to talk to Dre. I sighed and walked over to Marlon who was talking with Essence. "Hey we need to head out Marlon."

"You're gonna take him away from me while we were having a conversation?" Essence smiled.

"Yeah. C'mon, B. Me and the crew ain't got all day to be waiting on you," I said, walking away from him. I walked out of the house with Marlon behind me and hopped into Sincere's truck. Marlon and I drove the 10 minute drive over to the trap house where all of my guys were at waiting on us. The guys coming all piled into Jason's Tahoe and let Marlon drive his way over to the house they had held him prisoner in for so long.

"So, when are these bitches supposed to be getting back? 'Cause I'm feeling pretty trigger happy tonight," Ty said, patting the gun that was sitting in his lap.

"Like Friday bro. Ain't shit happening tonight besides going to stake out their place. I'm gonna need a few of y'all to stay behind and watch the house, make sure nobody gets in or out."

"And if they do?" Damien asked.

"Shoot 'em up. If y'all see Candy or Harlem, capture 'em, call me 'cause them bitches are gonna suffer for all this shit they been doing," I replied.

The rest of the car ride was silent after my list of orders, aside from the radio bumping lowly in the background. Everyone stayed quiet, not knowing what to expect when we get to this house. Marlon pulled up in front of the house and you could see the dirty curtains blowing out of the broken windows. We all hopped out and I led he way inside of the house, with my gun place in my hands.