Chapter 8

Candy

I held on to my now bigger stomach as I fell up against the wall. Harlem sent another slap to my face and another and another until blood dripped down all parts of my face. I held on to my stomach, scared, as he paced back and forth across the room, probably thinking of something else to do to me, as pay back for getting myself pregnant.

"How the hell could you let that nigga get you pregnant?" he yelled.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I-I don't know. I'm sorry Harlem."

"Do you know how far back this is going to push the plan? It's like every time we get one step ahead of him you push us three steps back! It's like we're at first base again! You done let the nigga come clean and now you pregnant, too! You can't do shit no more once you get bigger!" he yelled.

"I'm sorry but I'm pregnant, what am I supposed to do now?"

"Get rid of that damn baby, you got a couple of weeks like until you can still get an abortion, right?" he asked actually trying to go through with this plan but this nigga was nuts if he thought I was getting rid of the baby.

I hesitantly nodded my head. "But I'm not getting rid of the baby! I want to have this baby."

He chuckled. "Why? That nigga doesn't want you. He only wants the drugs we're giving him. His ass is delusional, just like you. You don't want him either. Your ass is all sprung out on drugs too and obviously they've got you thinking crazy. I thought you'd say some stupid shit like that though," he said reaching into his drawer, where he always kept random things at. He pulled out a butcher knife and I hopped up as quickly as I could once I saw him coming towards me. "STAY THERE!" he yelled, causing me to freeze in my tracks. "I knew you wouldn't want to get rid of that demon inside of you but I knew I'd have to."

I immediately took off running but I wasn't that fast since I was pregnant. He grabbed on to my hair and pulled me down on the ground, climbing on top of me with the knife in his hands. I tried fighting him away but he only used the new strength I had been helping him get against me. I had been supplying him with steroids while he pumped iron down here all day, so he wasn't the scrawny nigga like when we first started this.

He repeatedly punched me in my face, causing me to go in and out of blackness as I felt a sharp pain on my lower stomach. The knife. He pulled the knife across my lower stomach as I screamed out in agonizing pain. I looked down at all of the blood and I blacked out.

"Wake up! Wake up!" I heard him yelling as something dripped down in my face.

I woke up, still laying in my pool of blood and sweat as Harlem leaned over me with a smile plastered across his face. He dumped water all over my face to get me to wake up. My weak arms reached up to touch my now flat stomach. Did he really take the baby out of me? I tried to sit up, but he pushed me back down.

"Just relax Candy. You're gonna need some time to heal. I took that damn baby out of you so we can finish this together, though. We can't get shit done unless you ain't pregnant and I think it's time."

"T-Time for what?" I asked, still in excruciating pain.

"For me to come out of hiding," he replied.