Chapter 12

*Sorry it took so late. My editor didn't like this piece so i became depressed but i decided i wanted to keep it in so here is a little bit of the background of the five races. The next chapter will be continuing the story. Thanks for reading.*

                 There once was small village with only fifty residents. Even though the village was small and far away from any other civilization, they were a happy little village. Their homes were one room wooden cabins that were used just for sleeping since the villagers enjoyed being outside as long as possible. The men and women were equal in this village and took turns with hunting and gathering; the kids played around the village and learned the ways of the village as they grew. Everyone ate together around a large warm fire and shared stories about the mystical forest that surrounded their village. All of the villagers were very tan and blended well with the forest and all had the ability to travel silently through the forest. The animals that they hunted were used to the fullest; the meat for dinner, the bones for tools, and the hide for clothing. These people were very close to nature and often believed to be one with it.

               There was this woman that was one of the most beautiful women in the village. Not only was she beautiful and graceful, she was cunning and powerful. She was an excellent hunter and only a few men in the village could beat her in combat. She fell in love with one of those men and he agreed to marry her. They were both deeply in love and would do anything to be together.

               The first child they had was a boy. He grew up to be a strong man who loved to hunt. The second child was a girl. She was as beautiful as her mother but wasn’t strong like her. She was more interested in what would happen in the future rather than the present and didn’t partake in hunting. The third child was also a female. She was really quiet and kept to herself a lot. The fourth child was once again a girl. She adored her older brother and wanted to be exactly like him. The final child was a boy. He wasn’t particularly strong so he was more interested in learning and figuring out the workings of life. Even though there was an age gap of ten years, the siblings still adored each other and helped each other out whenever needed. When the youngest boy was ten, the mother and father died in a hunting accident. From then on the siblings raised each other.

After their parents died, the siblings were no longer content with their way of living. They felt confined in this small village and that it was them against the rest of the villagers. The youngest sibling decided he would find a better meaning to life than just idly wasting his life with mundane tasks.  As he explored through the forest one day, he stumbled across an owl he had never seen before. It was the largest owl he had ever seen, its body feathers were brown with black spots and its face was completely white with large, yellow, soul-seeking eyes.

“Hello young man.” The owl greeted with a hoot as he twisted his head around each way, looking to see if anyone else was in this strange part of the forest. “Would you like to know the secrets of the world?” The owl asked. The young man dumbstruck just nodded his head. “Then bring me your oldest sister and in trade, I will teach you the power of manipulating nature.”

The brother returned back to the village and convinced his oldest sister to come to the woods with him. When they returned to the spot where he met the wise owl, the owl was gone and instead stood a handsome man. The sister was taken immediately by the man’s look and agreed to marry him. The youngest brother and the oldest sister left the village to be with the owl and to learn the ways of nature. The young man became the first mage and the daughter of the owl and the oldest sister became the first oracle. The daughter had gained foresight powers from the owl and the mage just received the magical spells. They traveled to a new village and created a village of mages who listened to what the oracle said and thus the oracles became rulers of the mages.