Chapter - 36

Elle’s P.O.V

“Elle, are you okay in there?” I heard Bryson ask from the other side of the door.

I snapped out of my thoughts and swallowed harshly before parting my lips, “Y-yeah, I am fine.”

The door to the bathroom opened, slowly, and I saw Bryson's standing figure in the doorway. He looked down at me and in a millisecond's time I saw anger flash in his eyes. “Are you having a headache again?! Shit! We need to take you back to the hospital! This is-”

“No! Bryson! I am fine!” I shouted at him in aggravation that he was acting so worried and clingy, in a sense. “Damn can’t you crawl out of my ass and leave me alone?!” I yelled as I stood up.

Bryson looked at me with shock.

“Wipe that expression off your face, makes you look constipated, BryBry,” I spat out without even considering my words until it was too late to recant them.

It took him a minute but Bryson soon took the shocked expression from his face and controlled his visible emotions. “Niko will be here in an hour.”

“Where are you going?" I asked in sudden curiosity. He said he wasn’t going to go until tomorrow.

“Now look who has crawled up whose ass,” Bryson venomously replied. “As for where I am going, that doesn’t concern you.” With that said Bryson stormed out of the bathroom.

I balled up my fist and let out a loud scream of frustration. Those words I spoke to him, in the beginning, were not intended to spill out of my mouth. Hell, I have no idea why I said them-

Those words are words that the real eighteen-year-old Elle would have said to him, the voice in my head told me.

I couldn’t help but look at myself in the bathroom mirror. “I’m going insane. There is a voice in my head and because of it I am saying crazy, cold-hearted, things to the guy I like ... This is not me,” I stated to myself.

But, it is you. In time you will see.

I whacked myself upside my head with my right hand, “Shut up!” I yelled. “Go away!”

You can’t make me, the voice taunted.

“Please, go away;" I pleaded in a state of distress.

I won't go away, not until you remember! I've been on the sidelines for far too long and watched him play you. Soon you are going to remember and it will all be overwhelming. However, if you start to accept his lies now, it won't be so hard on you.

I lifted my left hand to the side on my head. Grabbing a fist full of my hair I tugged on a gob of my strands. "Stop! Stop talking!"

Releasing my hair I started to cry. The voice in my head was making me seem crazy and I didn't like it. It was trying to flip the reality I live in-

No, I am only trying to show you the truth.

"The truth is: I want you to go away!"

We both know that won't happen.

Within a second's time I knew exactly what I needed to do. Racing out of the bathroom, I dashed out of my bedroom and into the hall. It didn't take me long to reach the living room.

"Where are you going?" Bryson asked from the couch as he continued to play on his phone and not even look up at me.

"Where I am going, doesn't concern you," I spit out as I twisted the same words he said to me in the bathroom not but a few moments ago.