Chapter - 24

"Elle! Wake up!" A voice yelled out as I felt my whole body being shook like a rag doll.

Without a second thought my eyes shot open and I bolted up straight in my bed. It didn't take long to notice that my breath was ragged and my heart was pounding like a jackhammer. Looking over to my side I saw that Bryson was sitting next to me in the bed and was staring at me with his mint green eyes that were swimming in concern.

Beads of sweat dripped from my face as I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed the glass of water I had brought to bed with me.

"Are you okay?" Bryson questioned after I nearly gulped down half the glass of water that was now, unfortunately, room temperature.

Placing the glass back on the nightstand, I nodded. "I'm fine." I didn't have to look at my alarm clock, due to my freaky math abilities of being able to know the time at any given moment, to know that it was three thirty-six in the morning. Sighing, I knew I should try and get some more sleep seeing as I've only had a collective amount of five hours and twenty-two minutes of sleep.

"What was your nightmare about?" He inquired with curiosity leaking in his deep husky voice.

I gave a shake of my head as I laid back down and pulled the cotton covers up to my neck. "It was nothing," I lied for I didn't have the energy to tell him that what made me so upset was a mere memory. I was honestly trying to processes what happened in my memory of my father and I didn’t need Bryson asking a thousand and one questions. At least not with the blooming headache I had right as of that moment.

"Nothing doesn't make me come in your room to find you crying in your sleep," he stated as his voice started to turn stern and dead serious. It was a matter of time before he was going to demand what my dream was, I could just see it in his eyes.

"Bryson, please. It was nothing, really," I said in hopes to change his mind about getting me to tell him.

Reaching out, Bryson touched my right cheek. "Elle," he said in the softest voice I've ever heard.

Glancing at me, his mouth closed and his eyes slipped to gaze at my lips. Anyone with half a mind knew what was going through his thoughts as of that moment.  Suddenly, I saw his face lean down in order to become closer to mine.

My stomach gave a lurch in wanting as I found myself lifting up from the bed and meeting him halfway.

We stopped right before our mouths connected and I felt his warm breath on my lips, making tingles erupt all over my body. “Are you going to kiss me? Or what?” I said under my breath.

Bryson looked at me with nothing but pure lust. “Elle, I told you we will never kiss again.” He started to lean back away from me, noticeably seeing what he was doing seconds ago.

I grabbed his arm, stopping him from creating anymore distance between us. “You confuse me, Bryson.” I blurted out as I kept a hard grip on him.

Raising one of his brown eyebrows, he smiled. “How so?”

Giving a sigh, I looked away from him. “We have something. I know you feel it -- at the pit of your stomach,” releasing his arm, I placed my hand on his abdomen. Ignoring how awesome his rock hard abs felt under my palm, I huffed. “Yet, you act so cold at times towards me. You can be a real jerk! Secretive! Hateful! Immature-”

“The kettle is calling the pot black.”

My arm, which was placed on his stomach, slipped back to my side. “I’m not a jerk or hateful!”

Bryson gave a chuckle. “Did you just admit that you are secretive?”

Giving Bryson ‘you’re-an-idiot’ expression, I spoke, "My point is that you confuse me.”