Chapter - 6

Since I had been in the car with Bryson, every second was companied by complete an utter silence. Honestly, I was fine with that and slightly relieved because I wasn’t sure what to say to him. My brown eyes glimpsed over to the dashboard and I saw that we had been in the car for a good ten minutes. Part of me began to wonder where Bryson lived because the route he was taking made it seemed as if he lived on the outskirts of town. That would mean that his ride to school each day was, like, an hour long…

I stopped thinking about where Bryson lived when my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I wondered, as I dug my cell out of my pocket, why instead of ringing it was vibrating. I noticed it was Ranny calling when I saw the lit up screen. I also noticed that I had accidentally flicked the switch on the side, which made my phone turn on silent. “Yellow?” I spoke a funny alternative to the normal ‘hello’ as I answered.

I heard static on the other end before Randall’s voice. “Elle, are you okay? Where are you?! Kat and I have been sent on a goose chase for you by some guys that kept telling us that they saw you come in Marc’s house. Kat and I have been worried sick about you! You’ve not been answering your phone and I heard you got injured.” His frantic voice didn’t cease as he continued to rumble on.

“Randall, calm your horses down,” I told him with humor laced in my voice. I would trade an arm of mine just to have seen his face at that very moment. No doubt he was pacing around somewhere and had a deep frown paired with wide eyes that show nothing but panic. “I just ... I left with a friend of mine. I’m headed back to their place to hang out-”

“Elle, stop what you are doing! You have been drinking! You’re not in your right mind! This is not the best night to do what you are planning! Sex should be between you and a person that you not only know, but trust. Not with someone you just-”

“Whoa! Whoa! Slow down there cowboy! I’m not ... I’m not doing that. Seriously, I’m just ... I’m just going to a friend’s house-” I was once again cut off.

“Who?” Randall asked in a tone that showed he was in what Kat and I call ‘overprotective mode’. “You better turn your butt around and come back to Marc’s so we can go to Kat’s. I will not have you out, drunk, with someone I’m sure you don't even know!”

I rolled my head over to look at Bryson. “Trust me. I know who I’m with. Please, chill, Ranny. If I need you, I will call you.”

Randall sighed on the other line. “Who are you with?” He inquired with a final tone.

“I will call you if I need you,” I told him and then hung up. Closing my eyes for a split second I realize that I just dug my own grave. Knowing Randall, he will -- without a doubt -- call me non-stop until I answered. When I do finally pick up the phone, he will give me an earful knowing that if he argued with me long enough that I would give in and come back to the party – or wherever he is wanting to meet up with me at.

Looking down at my phone, I waited for the screen to light up with his name and ID photo. As seconds past by I started to become confused, this wasn’t like Ranny.

“What was that about?” A voice spoke.

I jumped a little in my seat for I was not expecting to hear a voice. Glancing beside me, I saw that Bryson was gazing over at me. My eyes flickered forward to see that we were parked in a driveway. I studied the house before me to see that the house we were parked in front of looked quite normal. I was surprised to say the least.

Bryson told me that when he got married that he would inherit a lot of money, so I just figured that his house would be a lot bigger and nicer than the one in front of me.