Chapter - 7

My legs stayed firmly in place as I began to realize, after his explanation, that Bryson needed me way more then I needed him. A smile found its way onto my pink lips as I processed the fact that it was not Bryson that had the upper hand, but me. I stood there, debating on what I was going to do. I mean I couldn’t have power and not use it! That would be like having a Cherry Cola and not drinking it! “I wanna go to Greece,” I stated as I filled the silence that had been cloaked over us for a good minute or so.

Bryson’s vibrant green eyes looked up at me, “okay, fine. You will get an around paid trip to Greece -- after I get my money.” I knew he was really saying, ‘after we get married and then I get my money, you will get an around paid trip to Greece...’

Ignoring his hidden meaning behind his words, I started to really grow a liking of this idea of power and it was obviously getting to me. “So, Bryson, tell me ... how much exactly are you getting?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“A lot,” he stated with a smirk that almost reached from ear to ear on his face. It started to become clear that he was wasn’t going to tell me just how much he had -- or was going to have.

It irked me, in a sense, that he wasn’t going to tell me. I really wanted to know the span of my power here. “Okay, I think that-”

“Make a list,” he responded before I could even finish my sentence.

“What?” I fired back in a confused state of what he meant when he said ‘make a list’.

Looking straight at me and not even blinking, he spoke. “I see where you are going. You want a trip, new clothing, maybe even a new car...”

He was right, but it was obvious that he thought I wanted those things because literally wanted them. When in fact I wanted them just to drain him. I wanted to take every cent Bryson had and -- Holy Moly that was the evilest thought I ever had. Here I was, in the middle of Bryson room and plotting to take all he had...

Alright, brain, you are going a little too far.

“I don’t want that ... I don’t even want the trip ... I was joking,” I semi-lied. Admittedly, Greece had been my dream destination ever since six years ago when my history teacher taught us about Athens and Sparta. It was all captivating to me and I really have had a huge desire to go there. Yet, I knew I couldn’t accept his willingness to take me there. Hell, I wasn’t even sure if I could take his current offer.

Bryson cleared his throat and with his green eyes trained on me, he spoke, “time to make it official, Mrs. Wyatt.” Turning his back to me, Bryson went over to his disheveled bed and it was then that I saw a notepad and pencil lying on top of his bed. The page that it was open to looked like it had a pencil sketch of some kind on it.

Taking a step forward, I craned my neck out to see what it was that Bryson drew because I never knew he was an artist. The second my eyes caught sight of the very detailed dragon, he must have drawn, Bryson flipped the page.

Sitting down on the bed, he placed the notepad in his lap. I watched as he started to write what I figured was the contract to our agreement. I couldn’t help but study Bryson as he was sitting down and writing our deal up. He was actually kind of cute, when I thought about it for a second. It showed in his arms that he most definitely worked out as he started to write because the muscles in his arms were flexing with every move of the pencil. I noted that he had a good tan, one only being out in the sun can give you. Biting my lips, I suppressed the mere reminder that a nice tan on an athletic man was a huge turn on to me. Turning to move on from that thought, I started to think of all the qualities he had that I didn’t like.