Chapter - 20

UNEDITED!

<><><><><><><><>

Physically, I felt a million times better after taking the Epsom Salt bath. However, mentally, I was in a state of confusion. Bryson was to thank for that because spending time alone after that kiss allowed me to simmer in a thousand and one different emotions ranging from guilt to pure happiness.

No matter what I was feeling, however, I couldn’t help but fall back in sadness for I had no idea what Bryson was so upset about. It was just a freaking kiss! Yet, the way he stormed out of here you would have thought I’d done something really awful towards him...

Maybe he didn’t want to kiss me...

That was my conclusion as I buttoned and zipped up my black skinny jeans. Reaching over my bed, I picked up a loose, white cotton, V-neck, T-shirt that I got yesterday. Slipping it on I figured I should go and clear the air with Bryson.

Waking out of my room, I trudged across the small hall and stood in Bryson’s doorway. My eyes scanned the room before finally settling on Bryson who was lying on his bed with an arm laid over his eyes.

I knew he wasn’t asleep, so with a sigh I spoke up. “Listen, I just wanted to say that if what happened was such a big deal ... then forget about it.” I spoke slightly above a whisper. My voice wouldn’t go any higher because I didn’t want for us to just forget what happened due to the fact that it was electrifying -- the kiss. I, honestly, wanted nothing more than to have a long redo ... or two.

Removing his arm from his face and sitting up, Bryson looked over at me with his emotionless green orbs. “We should leave,” was all he said before standing up and picking up his brown leather wallet and keys off his night stand.

I watched in complete silence as shoved his wallet in his left jean pocket and clutched his keys with his right hand.

Bryson didn’t spare me a single glance as he shoved past me in the doorway and walked in the direction of the living room.

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I closed my lids and made myself not cry for I knew I couldn’t show that his actions affected me.

“We have to go somewhere before we go to the funeral. So, hurry your ass up.” Bryson yelled from a room over.

Grunting, I backed away from his doorjamb and proceeded to go to the living room. By the time my feet touched the wood flooring of the living room anger was surging through my veins for at that very moment I realized he was now going to act immature by resorting to semi-ignoring me and what happened in the bathroom.

Throwing a glare in Bryson’s direction, I stormed out of the house.

The moment I reached his white mustang, I began to wonder how I even started dating him. He was, as of this moment, insufferable.

When I heard the car unlock, I got in and buckled myself while thinking about how much I regretted moving in with him.

Maybe, I should get him to take me back to my mother’s home.

I mean, why should I stay in his company if he is going to ignore me and what happened in the bathroom?!

Yet, of course I couldn’t go back to my mom’s. At least not until we have a nice long chat about what she plans to do to Peter in two weeks time.

Bryson got in the car and turned on the ignition. “You didn’t have to slam the front door,” Bryson muttered as he reversed the car out of the driveway.

“You didn’t have to storm out of the bathroom, ignore me suggesting a solution to the problem you seem to have about us freaking kissing! Then, on top of that, you didn’t have to push past me and use nasty words to get me in the living room,” I spat out with venom laced in my voice as I looked away from Bryson out of anger.