Chapter - 19

Unedited! (You've been warned!)

***

I was done using the restroom and was currently sitting on top of the toilet seat cover. As of that moment I was realizing that it was a huge mistake to run to the bathroom earlier due to the fact that all of yesterday’s events were taking a huge toll on my body now. At first, I think I didn’t feel all the pain because of the blissfulness of waking up next to Bryson, but now ... now that I was alone and in the small bathroom it all was hitting me like a ton of bricks.

My body was aching, fingers throbbing and I now had zero energy to leave this restroom.  

With a turn of my sore neck I looked at the white wooden door. I had to have been in here for a good thirty minutes. I knew I need to leave this room, yet like attempted a few minutes ago, I couldn’t. All I was able to a few moments ago was stand, pull up my pants and flush the toilet before I felt myself go weak. So, I immediately closed the toilet seat and sat down on the cover, which led me to be in the position I was in now.

Sighing, I glanced down at my left hand. The top of my hand was a sickening green and purple color. As for my fingers, I tried to move them and while that action was painful, I was pleased that they moved. The movement gave me hope that they weren’t broken. However, I knew I wouldn’t know until I got an X-Ray to see if any, especially my index finger, were in fact broken.

“Elle ... Is everything okay?” Bryson asked from the other side of the door.

A tear escaped my right eye as I felt so vulnerable and needy because I really was not wanting to admit to Bryson that as of that moment I was in so much pain that I couldn’t get up. Yet, I knew if I didn’t say anything and get his help, I wouldn’t be able leave this room for hours. “Bryson? ... I can’t ... I can’t move...” I confessed as I swallowed my pride.

Turning the brass door knob, Bryson opened the door and looked directly at me.

By now tears were rushing down my, without a doubt, red cheeks. “It hurts,” I truthfully spoke. “Everything hurts...”

Walking in, Bryson moved a little pass me without saying a single word. Bending down, he turned on the bath tub and placed a plastic stopper in the drain. Twisting around, he went over to a cabinet below the bathroom sink.

I watched as he opened the cabinet door, leaned in and pulled out a box. Studying the box for a second I saw that it was Epsom Salt, which I knew was used in baths for relaxation. However, I also knew it could be used to treat aches and bruises because Peter would get minor injuries like that after a football match when he was in middle school and mom would make him take an Epsom Salt filled bath, knowing he would feel better afterwards.

After putting about two cups of the salt in the bath, Bryson closed the box, placed it back under the cabinet and closed the door to the cabinet.

“Do you like the smell of lavender or are you more of a citrus person?” Bryson questioned as he walked out of the room.

Looking at his retreating figure I wondered where he was going. Yet, all curiosity ceased when I saw him go into his bedroom. “Uhhh, lavender,” I called out, hoping he heard me.

Seconds later Bryson came out of his room holding a plastic bottle that had some kind of purple liquid. I raised an eyebrow in curiosity at what he had in hand. “What is that?” I inquired as he strolled back in the bathroom.

Twisting the black top of the bottle he had, Bryson replied, “some bubble bath stuff ... I bought a few items I figured you would want later on down the road after coming home from the hospital. Just remembered a few seconds ago that I had them...”