Chapter - 34

Elle’s P.O.V

“Yes, the court house,” I spoke as I suddenly found my voice. “Like we said, we want to play it low key.” I nibbled on my bottom lip some more, wondering what will happen when my mother leaves. Would Bryson push me away? Would he act like his confession of us getting married, in two days, didn’t happen? Looking away from my mom and Bryson, I felt my heart drop. He would do that. If he didn’t, I would have to check him for a fever to see if he was sick.

“Alright, low key! Got it!” Mother glanced over at me. “Humor me, when did you get your memory back?”

“The day before yesterday.” I untruthfully spoke.

Mother studied me for a second.

I wanted to roll my eyes because she choose now of all times to question me.

“Very well,” She easily believed.

I was tempted to raise an eyebrow in curiosity of how easily she believed me. Usually my mother is one to question everything until you cracked and told her the truth, or stuck to the truth and yelled at her for inquiring so much. Yet, here she was smiling and trusting every syllable that I spoke.

The itch to raise an eyebrow died down when I once again evaluated the situation at hand and noted that she was only doing this in spite of my father...

“I’m gonna go lay down,” I blurted out the moment a dull piercing pain started to form in my head.

Bryson didn’t let go of me, which made me look up at him. In his eyes I saw that he knew why I wanted to go to the bedroom, but wasn’t willing to have me out of his sights.

“It is just a nap,” I tried to ease him as the pain in my head started to escalate. “Please,” I whispered for just him to hear. “I don’t want to pass out in front of her,” I muttered in the lowest tune possible for just Bryson to hear.

It took him a second, but soon he released me. “I will be in there shortly,” He quickly commented before I could leave the room.

I nodded and walked with hasty steps to my bedroom. When I reached the room, my headache was full blown. To stop myself from crying out in utter agony I bit down, quite harshly, on my bottom lip.

When I reached the mattress, I collapsed and prayed for my headache to end and my memories to just begin.

***

TWO YEARS Earlier:

Elle’s P.O.V

“Come on! You have been waiting for this moment since the dawn of time! Do it!” Kat egged as a new song started to play.

In nervousness I started to wring my hands while wondering how I even got into this situation because I, Elle White, was at Junior Prom. Yes, you are allowed to laugh because this is most definitely not the scene you would expect Elle White to be at. In fact, you wouldn’t imagine a girl like me to ever be in a large blue puffy dress, leaning up against the gym wall, contemplating on walking over to her best friend (Randall, as so known as Ranny) and confessing her love for him.

No, normally I would either be under the tables planting stink bombs or at home in my PJs watching “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, while in the back of my mind laughing at those who dared to come here.

Yet, I was here. Caked in makeup and most definitely staring at Randall.

“I dunno,” I mumbled. “I don’t think now is the right time.” Doubt surged through me as I studied Randall some more from afar.