Chapter 40: Family Dinner...

***That Night***

The wolves all went back to the Reservation for training, Billy was also there for a tribal meeting, Carlisle got called into the hospital because there was a big car crash in Forks, Rosalie and Emmett were out on a date and Jasper had the unfortunate task of going shopping with Alice although he didn't really mind it.

Jacob and Edward were both in the kitchen. Edward was busy making something for Jacob and Anthony to eat and Jacob was sat on the counter.

E: Tell me again why you're sitting on our kitchen counter.

J: I'm here for moral support.

E: Then why can't you sit on one of the chairs by the table?

J: I want to be close to you. Is that a crime?

E: No I guess not.

J: So what are you making?

E: Beef.

J: Yes?

E: Beef and wait and see.

J: No fair.

E: Never said that I was playing fair, dear.

J: Are you making that for Anthony too?

E: No Jacob. I'm making a chicken soup for him.

J: Why don't I get soup?

E: Because I'm making you seared steak with mash potatoes.

J: Really?

E: Yes. (He smiled)

J: You're a very awesome Husband.

E: You're pretty good yourself.

J: So I was thinking...

E: That's never a good idea.

J: Oh shut up, I'm serious. I was thinking that if we have to choose an age to give Anthony the blood that we could do it when he turns sixteen.

E: Sixteen?

J: Yes.

E: Is there a specific reason?

J: Yes. You know since he's going to be with Seth and Seth is turning sixteen next week, I thought that it would be cool if they were the same age.

E: I see.

J: So are you okay with it?

E: Yes but let's talk to the Elders first.

J: When can we do that?

E: We can do it tomorrow when we go to the Reservation.

J: You're going with?

E: Yes and I think the whole family's going.

J: Really?

E: Yes. Emmett wants to go check out the cliff where you guys jump. Alice and Jasper want to learn more about the Quileute traditions for the baptism. Rosalie and Esme want to go through all your baby things... (He was cut off)

J: Why?

E: I don't know, you have to ask them that and Carlisle needs to be present for the tribe meeting that we all also have to go too.

J: (He pushed out his tongue) I don't like tribe meetings.

E: You don't like anything that has to do with work.

J: That's not true. I rebuilt my bike mostly with the occasional help of Seth. I searched for all the parts by myself. So don't say I hate work because I don't. Tribal meetings are just boring.