Chapter 9: Why Can't He Cross????

Super Early Hours of The Day...

Friday finally came and there were a lot of scowling faces around. Jacob and Edward were in their room, refusing to leave until it was time for them all to go. The elders were getting quite anxious. They said that there was something important they needed to see then they needed to tell everyone something. Billy knew something that he wasn't telling anyone. Last night Jacob decided that he was not going to the Reservation no matter what anyone said. Everyone including Rosalie and Edward tried persuading him to go but he did not budge, finally Sam did something he didn't want to and ordered Jacob in his Alpha voice that he'd be going to the Reservation with them the next day. Jacob had no other choice but to agree. Alice has been really secretive lately. She was going around ordering flowers, decorations and other festive things.  No one knew what she was up to not even Jasper and Edward. Edward deciding to pay no mind to it just thinking that it was another "Alice party." The family was busy making final plans. They even had an intense and elaborate schedule for patrolling and protecting Jacob, something could happen even though he was at the Rez.  

Edward's POV

Jacob and I decided that we'd be up in our room until everyone was ready to leave. They wanted us to stay and listen to their planning but we refused. They were only talking about the schedule for watching Jacob. I personally didn't want to be there if I couldn't be the one taking care of him. It still infuriated me that I was getting weaker and HUNGRIER by the day. It got to the point that every time one of the wolves blushed and the blood rushed to their faces that I wanted to jump them and suck them dry.  Jasper and I had it the worst by far. Plus he also knew how everyone was feeling, so their hunger/thirst plus his own thirst was unbearable. He was practically jumping off the walls last night when Carlisle and Alice told us that we'd be leaving today for our family weekend hunt.

So Jacob and I were laying in bed him asleep when Carlisle called me to come down with Jacob.

E: Jake, wake up.

J: mmmmmm

E: We're leaving you need to get up.

J: I'm up.

E: Okay you want me to help you get ready.

J: Yes please. What about you?

E: I'm going hunting, not going to dress up for that.

J: Oh.

E: Are you going to get up?

J: Are you going to help me up?

E: Oh sorry. (He smirked)

Edward stood up and helped Jacob up. He then helped him get dressed. First his pants, his shirt and then he helped him sit down on the bed the to put his socks and shoes on.

E: Well well well, look who finally decided to join us.

P: Sure took you long enough.

J: I was asleep.

P: Yeah sure you were. Em what ya think?

E: Emmett, don't say it. (He warned)

C: Okay so everyone knows what to do right?

J: I don't.

S: Jacob all you have to do is to come with us to the Rez and enjoy yourself.

J: Okay. (He said rather sadly)

E: Can I drive him?

C: Okay but we're leaving in half an hour.

E: Yes. Jacob let's go.