Chapter 20: I'm Not Doing This!!!

A/n: With my stories you should try to use a bit of emotion when reading even if it means reading a line twice.

Edward's POV

For me the worst thing at the moment is feeling like crying but not being able to. I know running doesn't solve anything but I couldn't be in that room arguing over and death situation.

S: Edward, thank goodness I finally caught up to you. They don't lie when they say you are one of the fastest.

E: Why are you following me?

S: We need to talk.

E: I don't like your tone of voice! (He said assertively)

S: I'm not going to stop because you don't like the way that I'm talking.

E: I don't want to talk about it.

S: I might not understand what you're feeling right now but I know Jacob.

E: Are you going to stay like that? (He said referring to Sam's phased form)

S: Yes, I'm on patrol.

E: Oh, okay.

S: So tell me what's wrong?

E: He wants me to choose the baby over him is something goes wrong when the baby is being born.

S: We once saw a man being told that he had choose between his wife and child, complications with birth. He took so long deciding that both died. He later killed himself because he felt guilty for their deaths and Jacob... 

E: Jacob doesn't want me to go through that pain.

S: Yes. So you see Edward, he's not doing it to be selfish but only because he loves and cares about you too much.

E: But how will I be able to live without him. I will NEVER find someone like him again.

S: Edward, calm down nothing might even happen.

E: I know but if it comes down to it I still have no idea what to do.

S: Follow your heart.

E: Oh, the heart that's no longer beating?

S: No, the heart that made you love Jacob.

E: I'll have to dig deep for that on, keep it under lock and key.

S: You should open it up every once in a while, it can come in handy.

E: Not when you're a vampire who's going to outlive his Husband by a few million years.

S: What do you mean?

E: If Jacob dies from old age I'll be alone again.

S: Ah Edward, Jacob's not going anywhere.

E: Not now but he will.

S: Edward wolves phase as long as their close to vampires.

E: I know that.

S: Do you also know that as long as a wolf phases that they don't age?

E: So as long as he's with me he won't age?

S: No.

E: Oh my goodness, I'm so happy.

S: He's not.

E: What do you mean?

S: Let me show you. (He said showing Edward a thought he received from Quil and Paul a minute ago of Jacob in their bedroom curled up and crying on the floor.