十六

Míngqín's POV

After I gave Tàiyáng his present, we left to resume our studying. While going through my school notes, I happened to look up and notice Tàiyáng grimacing while holding his left leg.

"Are you okay." His eyes widen when he saw that I noticed.

"It's nothing too serious, it just........slightly hurts."

"How did you hurt it?"

"....Uh.....I .....fell down the stairs?" He said while staring intently at his textbook.

"You fell down the stairs?! In school?" I panicked as I went over to look at his leg, but he jerked it away from me.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

Frowning, I nod my head in understanding. "Since you seem pretty uncomfortable today, why don't you rest up at home. We can resume this later." I smiled up at him.

"That sounds good," he nodded his head,"I promise I will make it up to you." Retrieving his bookbag, he quickly left the building.

I wonder if he will be okay....it's not like him to be....upset.

Gathering my things, I leave for work. While I was walking, Tàiyáng entered into my train of thoughts. He seeemed odd today....is he hiding something from me?
I shake my head. No, I should trust him.

Because I was so engrossed with my thoughts, I accidentally bumped into a man. Unfortunately, since I was smaller than him, I ended up falling to the ground from the force of impact.

"I'm so sorry!" he said in English as he offered his hand to help me up.

"No, it was my fault." I responded in broken English. When I got up, I bowed in apology.

"It's okay." He said.

When I looked up at him, he appeared to be Korean, but for some reason he only spoke in English. When he opened the door for me, I noticed a lizard tatto wrapped around his wrist like a bracelet. That's a weird looking tatto.

Thanking him, I enter the busy cafe and prepare myself for a busy day.

"We are low on servers today. Míngqín, could you fill in as a waitress?" Měi asked me.

"Sure, no problem."

All day, I served and cleaned the area. The blaring of the television over the sound of people talking was starting to give me a headache, so I retrieved the remote. As I was about to turn the volume down, one of the news articles caught my eyes.

I listened carefully as a pretty middle aged woman with perfect hair and makeup was reporting on a theft and assault case.

"Today's highlight of the day is a recent robbery near this jewlry store."

When they showed a picture of it I gasped. That was the same store I went to for Tàiyáng's bracelet!

Evidently a man named Rén Huài, his picture was shown up on the screen, attacked a minor with a knife near a jewlry store. The police suspect the man was a former gang member from America. Whether the minor had ties to the culprit is still yet to be discovered.

They said the minor had chased after the robber, even though he was stabbed in the left leg, and captured the thief for the authorites. The owners of the stolen possessions would like to thank the boy, but because he is a minor, his personl information will not released."

After the shocking news, I decided to leave the television on. Cleaning off all of the tables as the crowds began to die down, the news came back on after countless commercials and the same lady was shown.