二十七

Songbird POV

The gently rays of the morning sun wakes me up from my slumber. Stretching, I reminiscent over the sweet dream I had. Hmm, I can't seem to remember it....

Brushing my arm across the side of the bed, I notice that it is still warm. Slightly confused, I sit up on the bed and stretch my arms. Rubbing my eyes, I notice that Tàiyáng was up already. His comforting figure was bent over the computer that was in the hotel room. Silently getting out of bed, I walk towards him. "What are you looking at?"

Looking at the computer's monitor, I see a pair of cold eyes stare back up at me. Who is he?!

"Someone was looking for us last night." Fear struck me which caused me to sit back down on the bed.

"Who?" I asked as goosebumps appeared on my arms.

"Songbird, I need to tell you something important." Tàiyáng looks down at me with serious eyes. Turning his back towards me, he begins to take his shirt off which makes me instantly cover my eyes.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled, but he ignores me and takes his shirt off.

"Does this look familiar?" He asks. Curious, I peak through my fingers at him and my face grows warm. "Aren't we too early in our relationship to be doing...."but my voice slowly dies down as a tattoo on Tàiyáng back brings back a flash of memories.

"What in the...."
A bloody red dragon with outstretched wings covered his muscled back.

"So you do recognize it?" He asks as he turns to face me revealing his chest which causes me to cover my eyes. Laughing at my reaction, Tàiyáng puts his shirt back in.

"Better?"

"Much."

"So, where have you've seen the tattoo before?"

Squeezing my eyes shut, I try to recall where I saw it before. Flashing before my eyes, I remember seeing the tattoo on someone's back before.....

"Before my brother left me, I saw a glimpse of a red dragon tattooed onto his back." I said as memories begin to flood my mind. "I figured that it was a trend that was going on in school, so I didn't think about it after that."  Shrugged my shoulders. Don't all teenagers usually go throuh a rebellious stage at some point?

"It's worse than I thought..." he mumbled under his breath as he combed his hair with his fingers in aggravation.

Suddenly, he turned to me and grabbed my hands as he crouched down to look me in the eyes.

"Remember our deal that we made? The one where I could ask you anything all day? Well, if I recall correctly, you also had your one question. Would you like to use it now?"

I nodded my head. The secrets that Taiyang holds will reveal to me in more depth exactly who he is.

"Are you willing to listen? Because what you may hear might scare you." He cautioned me.

Is he scared that I might leave him because of his past? He is thinking of my feelings first even though I can see the fear in his eyes.

"Tàiyáng, we both promised to love each other, and that means staying beside each other through the good and bad. I fell in love with Tàiyáng . And if it wasn't for what happened in the past, I wouldn't have the Tàiyáng in the present." I said as I encouraged him to continue.

Sitting beside me on the hotel bed, we held each others hands as he began to tell me his story. Now I can finally help Tàiyáng this time.

"When I was in the States, I had been... involved in a group that went by the name of Lacerta. Given my young age, the Headmaster didn't allow me on the field so I did lab experiments on orphan drugs.