三十

Tàiyáng POV 

"Do you have all of them?"

I nod my head as I mentally counted the packaged pills that were tightly packed into a metal suitcase. Since my hands were handcuffed behind my back, I could only calculate the number in my head from what my eyes saw.

Locking the suitcase, Jīngxì grabs the handle and swings it over his shoulder.

"Where to Jīngxì?" I asked in a monotone voice as I struggled to get into the car without falling onto my face.

"Patience, Tàiyáng." Motioning for me to hurry up, Jīngxì checked his watch again. 

"We will arrive at our destination a little early. That should give us enough time to set the scene."

"Scene?" I asked suspiciously.

"Yep, the buyers are from a growing group whose territory is too close to Lacerta. We are going to make a show out of them." Jīngxì smiled as he climbed into the driver's seat next to mine.

"Remember, they only want to see you, so I will be in the car. When the transaction is complete, press this device and the bombs that I have pre-set will blow up the support system to the buildings and the whole place will go up in flames."

"Why are you trusting me? You haven't let me out since last week and now you are placing me on a mission."

"You'll see." The man grins as he starts the car. Frowning, I tried to go through all of my options.

I have one hidden gun, but my hands are bound behind my back. Besides, I think Jīngxì is planning something...

Feeling his eyes on me, I regain my composure and stare out at the passing scenery through the window.

"What happened with the Fenghuang Project? Why did we experiment the drugs on a whole village?"

"If you're trying to find peace in what you did because of your girlfriebd, then forget it." Jīngxì muttered.

Frowning, I turb my head back to the passing scenery.

I completed the Euphoric Project which means that Jīngxì no longer has a use for me. If Jīngxì wasn't watching me so closely, I would have taken him down already. I wonder why he didn't further pursue Songbird.

I think I stalled enough time for Sēnlín to administer Songbird's dosage. She should be healed and in hiding by now..

Delving deep into my thoughts, I didn't notice that the car had stopped until Jīngxì  jabbed me with the butt end of his gun. "Get out!"

Clumsily opening the door with my hands, I stumbled out of the car. Walking in front of the car like Jīngxì instructed me, I glance behind me before making a quick decision.

Jumping so that my knees were pressed against my chest, I swoop my arms from underneath my feat like a jump rope. When my feet landed on smooth ground, my handcuffed hands were successfully in front of me instead of behind me.

I internally cursed at myself when the sound of my hidden gun falling to the ground echoes through the empty underground parking lot. Getting a weird tingling feeling, I drop down onto the ground as glass from the car windshield shatters over my body from Jīngxì's bullets. When I hear the engine start from the car, I quickly roll out of the way before Jīngxì runs me over.

Spotting my hidden gun nearby, I crawl towards it with my stomach still pressed to the ground. When I reach for it with my bound hands, I swing my legs underneath me so that I was now in a sitting position. Aiming the gun at the oncoming car, I aim for  the driver.