Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19: Finally

Still Shino's Pov

How could everything have turned out this way? I would never have expected that I, Shino Aburame, would be in the Inuzuka compound. And I would actually live here for quite a while.

So why do I feel like running home again when all of these dogs are jumping at me and trying to lick every exposed skin of my body? Or maybe it's just me.

"Kiba." I stated calmly, even though I was panicking on the inside. A very large brown dog tried to jump at me and lick me on the face, but I pushed it away with my hand, only to have it lick my hand. Ew, disgusting!

Even so, I kept my composure and with a very calm voice, spoke to Kiba. "I would appreciate it if you would remove these dogs from me."

Kiba looked amused at the dogs, completely ignoring me. My eyebrow twitched. Really, if I weren't surrounded by dogs there were trying to lick me, I would had taken a revenge on Kiba right now. "It seems they recognize your smell. Seems I spend more time with you than I thought."

I frowned in confusion. "I'm not sure I understand, Kiba. How can they recognize my smell?" I asked him in a monotone voice.

Kiba blinked confused at me, as if it were the most obivous thing in the world. "Well, I'm around you most of the time and the dogs can smell that. Why do you ask? I thought it would be obivous with someone with your intellegence." Kiba said, smirking at the end.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but of course, he couldn't see. "Don't push it." I said, this time in a more angered tone, but it was kept somewhat monotone. Kiba widened his eyes, taking a step back by surprise.

"Wow - did you just... you know..." Kiba said, waving a little around with his arms toward me, like he wanted to pinpoint something without saying anything. "Growled? Like seriously?" Kiba asked, his expression turning into a grin.

I looked at him like he was an idiot, but he couldn't tell that. "No." I stated simply and tried to push some dogs away to get through, but they wouldn't let me. "Kiba." I said, looking at said boy. Man. Teenager. I'm not sure what I can call him...

"Yes?" Kiba said unsure-ly when I didn't continue. He had been petting those dogs there had been standing near him, but upon saying his name just before, he slowed down, looking at me with a slightly scared expression.

"Tell these dogs to get away from me. They are... annoying me." I told Kiba, watching with an unamused expression as Kiba scowled at me. Well, at least I didn't called them mutts as I wanted to.

I sighed inwardly.

What my sister sees in him is beyond me.

"Fine." Kiba growled at me, pushing past me as he dismissed all of the dogs, giving me sideway glances, scowling at me. When all of the dogs were gone and I could breath freely (it really stank with those dogs around - did the Inuzukas even shower them frequently?) and I were about to walk up to Kiba's bedroom, but Kiba stopped me with his voice.

"You know, you should be glad that the dogs accepted you so quickly. It's not often they invite strangers inside the house." he told me in a hurt tone. Guess I offended him too much. I could feel my eyes sting of tears of guilt, but I took a calming breath and turned to look at Kiba. He was looking at me like I was the one who caused the problems, but at the same time there were sympathy in his eyes as well.

I bowed low for Kiba and I could see he was looking at me surprised, shocked, unexpected. All kind of things. "I apologize for my earlier behavior, Kiba-san. I didn't meant to offend you." I apologized, still bowing.