Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12: Captured and cornered.

I jump away as the white-haired guy, Suigetsu, became a flash and crashed his sword down where I have been seconds before. I sent my bugs against him, but he dodged. However...

"Spread!" I said emotionlessly and the bugs spread before Suigetsu could react again. In seconds, he was covered with black beetles there were about to suck out his chakra.

I turned halfway around as I felt someone approaching me from behind. I lifted my hand in order to prevent an direct attack against my body, but I felt something cut through my lower abdomen. Pain shot through my body, but no sound escaped my lips whatsoever. Through my glasses, I could see red piercing eyes with black tombs looking at me in triumph. Small lips were culled up in a smirk. My vision began to get blurry, my legs felt weakening and they start shaking. My breathing became harder and I felt more tired than I did before.

Ignoring all of that, I took a few steps back and pulled a kunai out. My brain functions went into battle mode immediatly and my body went through with it since it had gotten used to it with all the training I have recieved since I was little.

I heard someone talking, but shortly before that my ears start making a weird beeping sound there went on in one flute tone, making it impossible for me to hear what they said.

'Kofura, can you hear me?'

~Loud and clear, Shinju-sama? Where are You? You suddenly disappeared from the village without telling anyone.~

'I have gotten into trouble with the Akatsuki. If you can, I want you to locate my chakra and find me. And please, hurry.'

~Consider it done, Shinju-sama! Just hold on!~

'I will.'

"...you can do. You have lost too much blood."

"!" I tightened my grip on the kunai. Apparently, I got my hearing back. I didn't respond to what the Uchiha was saying.

Suddenly, it felt cold in here. My energi was draining faster than I thought, even though I sucked out Suigetsu's chakra and used his as my resourse. My vision had gotten so blurry, I couldn't see a meter in front of me. This feeling was even worse than at the time Kofura had eaten all of my proteins to make himself grow. But there were another feeling there were even worse than that.

The feeling  of being useless. A burden to others.

I've never felt this way before. I felt... empty and like I could just die from embarrasment or was it something else? Either way, I just wished to die right then and there. I knew I didn't stood a chance against the Akatsuki. And that just made it worse. I wonder what Kiba would had done?

That was my final though before I was met with darkness.

Kofura's Pov

When I first talked with Shinju-sama through tele-kinese, her chakra was lower than I have felt before and her connection seemed to had gotten weaker at the time cause it almost sounded like she was whispering. I already knew then that she was in trouble.

That is why I am flying in the air with a small group of people following me. It took some time to get them to understand me, since they obivously don't talk dragon language, but Shino used his bugs to communicate with me and then the bad news broke out to the people. A lot of them actually voluntered, even those who had never been close to her.

I didn't quite catched their names, but it doesn't matter now. I know that if I don't hurry and fast, Shinju-sama might be dead. And I would never be able to forgive myself if that was to happen.

Some hours went by were we all went searching for Shinju-sama's chakra, smell, trace and whatever the enemy or her could had left behind on their trail. But even though I felt after Shinju-sama's chakra, it was too weak for me to actually pin-point where she was. And the enemy where hiding their own chakra, so we couldn't find them in that way either.

~Shinju-sama, can you hear me?~

I waited a few seconds, but she didn't gave me any responds. I tried again.

~Shinju-sama?~

I whimpered at the loss of the voice I knew and loved so well. I floated in the air and waved with my wings a few times before landing on the ground. Shino and some other of his friends appeared beside me. Shino was looking at me, silenty asked me if I knew where Shinju-sama was. I just lowered my head and whimpered. Shino seemed to understand that much of my language.

~Shinju-sama, where are you?~

Still no answer. Maybe she's dead? No, I would have known if that happened. I guess she's just unconcious since she's not responding and not dead yet.

I felt a hand on my nose and I was surprised at first, but calmed down when I saw it was just Shino. I leaned my nose into his touch and found consolation in that one touch. That's was when I knew that we would find Shinju-sama, no matter what it took. I purred as I rubbed one last time and then flied up in the air again. Some screamed in surprise when that happened, but I didn't cared. All that was on my mind was to go find Shinju-sama. And I knew we would succeed, even if it took us months to find her.

Kabuto's Pov

The fire from the candles gave a soft light into the cell I was inside at. Another glow of light, this one green, were glowing from my hands as I healed the young girl below me. Madara was standing outside the cell, waiting for me to be finished. I gave a small sigh and then undid the jutsu. I rise and looked down on Shinju for a few moments.

"Is she completely healed, Kabuto?" Madara asked as I made an exit of the cell and turned to close it.

"Not completely, my Lord. The bleeding has stopped, so she is out of danger. However, it's going to take a while before she's completely healed." I answered and locked the cell door.

"Do you know when?"

"Unfortunately, not. I mean, Sasuke-kun cut really deep into her abdomen. I was even lucky to save her guts from being useless. She could have died if that were to happen." After locking the door, I turned and gave me the key. It would had been reckless if we were to hang the key here where Shinju could have easily taken it.

"Seems I'm going to have a talk with Sasuke then." Madara replied and walked toward the exit. I turned to the cell again and perfomed some handsigns. After finishing the serie of handsign, ending with the sign of the Tiger, a sudden light appeared from the bars and then it disappeared again. Now, Shinju wouldn't be able to use her chakra or her bugs to help her out.

I stood and watched Shinju sleep for a few minutes. Madara had left to go get Sasuke and now could be a good idea to start my plan, but if it were to be ruined now, the world would be doomed. And that wasn't a part of my plan.

"I'll just have to wait for her to wake up then." I said to myself and start walking toward the exit. So that I can talk to her and try to reason with her. After all, I'm gonna need her help if I have to take down Madara and his organization.