Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16: No Time For Tears.

Shinju's Pov

I watched Kofura burn the village down, screams of fear and despair filling my ears as the villagers of Konoha tried to run away. I silently prayed that Kofura wouldn't kill too many of them and it seemed he heard me, though I didn't communicate with him directly like I use to.

Kabuto stood beside me, a somewhat solemn look on his face. So far, he hasn't said a word. Not after we got out of our hideout and it was kinda strange.

So far, no one had arrived to try and save the village. I couldn't even feel anyone's chakra, beside my own, Kabuto's and the villagers there were running for their life.

"Shinju-chan?" a familiar voice said suddenly from behind. I turned when I heard the voice and saw Hinata with Kiba there were on Akamaru's back.

"Shinju, what are you doing here? And what are you doing with the Akatsuki?!" Kiba shouted at me with a large frown on his face, even his nose was scrunched.

"Sor -" I started, but were interrupted by Kabuto who stepped up in front of me.

"She has joined us, Kiba Inuzuka. By her own free will. There's nothing more you can do about it." Kabuto said with convincing tone. Kiba's glare got stronger (if possible) and Akamaru growled at him. "She's one of ours now.

"To hell with that! Shinju is one of ours and always will be!" Kiba yelled.

"!" Kiba...

I didn't know what to say or do. So far, people had always pushed me away and told me to beat it whenever I tried to persue them. Because of the bugs and all. Specially because of my speech patterns.

I felt a strong gust of wind behind me and didn't had to turn around to know that it was Kofura whom had landed behind me.

~Shinju-sama, what are we gonna do? Kabuto-san didn't said anything about attacking our friends, only the village.~ Kofura said through our minds.

"I know, but we have to stick to the plan, no matter how troublesome it may sound." I responded to Kofura verbally. I frowned a little more than I use to, wondering where I've heard those words before. I knew it was from a friend, but who? Neji? No, wait, he wouldn't say something like that. Ah~, I remember now. "Great," I whispered to myself. "I'm sounding like Shikamaru. How troublesome."

I sweat dropped at myself. And I did it again.

I could feel Kofura move behind me. What he did, I wasn't sure of, but soon a breath of fire aimed toward Kiba and Hinata. Their eyes widened for a second before they collected themselves and jumped out od the way, Kiba on Akamaru's back while Hinata jumped to the side, doing a single cartwheel before she jumped up and landed safely on her feet.

I could see the veins of the Byakugan form around her eyes. Kiba jumped down from Akamaru's back and activated a jutsu there made Akamaru into a perfect clone of Kiba.

I grew nervous.

What if the plan failed? Would all of my friends and family, most importantly Kiba, be safe? And the Leaf. Let's not forget the Leaf. I (or more like Kofura) had destroyed a good part of it, but I was sure it was something that the Leaf shinobi's could easily fix again. However, the villagers is another case. I just hope Kofura hadn't killed too many of them...

A cry of battle took me out of my thoughts and I saw Hinata charge toward Kabuto. Kiba was a bit more hesitant, but eventually charged toward Kabuto himself. The others completely ignored me as they fought against each other, fist to fist, with fangs, kicks, punches and chakra infused hands. At one time, Kiba tried to use his Fang Over Fang, but he missed as Kabuto jumped out of the way in the last second.

Meanwhile, Kofura flied up into the air again, this time with me on his back, and fired at some more houses. More shinobi had made it to us, but because we were up in the air, no one could actually harm us. Even when they fired long ranged jutsu against us, Kofura was too fast for them and flied the other way when the different jutsus neared.

I wonder where Father and Shino is. I just hope they're okay and don't find out about this. Father would be so mad at me. And not to speak of Shino, what would he think? Would he think badly of me? Would he think I really went over to the enemy's side?

I sighed through my nose, my mind in full distress.

I hope not...

An hour later

The fights was still going on and so far, it seemed like that us, the Akatsuki, was having the upper hand. Kabuto had long sinced moved into the shadows, hiding himself, while Kofura and I still flied about in the air, Kofura breathing fire every now and then.

But to make matters worse, Naruto had found me and used every single one of his tricks to get me down on the ground and beat me to a pulp, but so far, he hadn't caught me.

Though it was only in a matter of time before he did.

"Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Naruto shouted. Then several puffs of smokes appeared and out of that smoke came several of clones of Naruto. They were making a ladder of themselves, hanging around in the air and tried to capture Kofura, but a single breath of fire put them down.

Just how much chakra does he have?

I ordered Kofura to stop temporary and he pulled himself backwards, flying higher up in the air to make sure no one could get us. He stood still in the air, wings moving up and down to make sure we didn't fall down.

I looked down and saw Naruto was doing something, but what it was, I wasn't sure of. I was too far up to see or hear anything there were going on down there.

~What are we gonna do, Shinju-sama? Things aren't going the way we want it to. And Shino-sama and Aburame-sama are doomed to find out sooner or later.~ Kofura said with an edge of sadness in his tone.

"I know." I said to him, looking at nothing in particular. "We just have to wait for the signal."

~But it's been an hour and I can't see Kabuto anywhere! We can't keep doing this, Shinju-sama!~

"I know!" I shouted in rage and Kofura temporary stopped moving, making us float slowly toward the ground, but he pulled himself together fast.

I cried.

Yes, the great Shinju Aburame there showed little to no emotion toward others, except her family, was crying over something she knew she shouldn't.

I smacked my hand down on Kofura's back, but his skin was so tough that it hurt on me instead of him, but I just ignored the pain in my hand. The pain in my heart hurt worse than this.

~Shinju-sama...~

"Just..." I sobbed, leaning my elbows on Kofura's back, lowering my forehead so that it touched my hands. "Continue... the mission. No mo-more questions."

~Okay, but let me first hide you in a safe place. You're in no condition of fighting any longer.~ Kofura said and flew towards the woods, but a cry from me stopped him in midair.

"No!" I said, straightening up again. "I can do this! I have to do this! This is the only way we can safe Konoha from Madara!" I shouted as I took of my glasses, revealing my black colored eyes to the world, and dried my tears with the back of my hand.

~Alright, if you're sure.~ Kofura said, flying slowly toward Konoha again.

"I am." I said confidently, grabbing a hold of Kofura's back and focused my chakra into my hands to make sure I didn't fall off while he flew around.

Now wasn't the time for tears.

This was war.

And here, softies would die fast.

Sorry that it's so short, but I didn't want you to wait any longer, so I decided to just break it off here. Hopefully, the next update will be longer.