Chapter Nine

Ch. 9: What should I do?

I looked at the creature on my hand as I walked towards the training grounds. Instead of being the size of my thumb, he was now the size of my very own hand.

"You sure grow fast, Kofura." I said to the dragon, causing him to look up at me.

~What do you mean, Shinju-sama?~

"Before you were the size of my thumb, now you are the size of my hand. How can you grow so fast?"

~That's how we dragons are. We grow fast and live long too! You can call it jackpot!!~ He tried to smile, but the only result he got was showing his teeth.

For every answer I got, more questions came, but right now I didn't felt like talking, so I just walked on with Neji and Guy-sensei in silence.

~~~

I was panting heavily. Neji sure was a tough opponent, he keeps one on the toes all the time.

"Shinju?" he said and straightened up from his pose.

"Yes?" I breath out.

"Why is it that your own sensei can't train you?"

"I have been," Inhale. "Assigned to the Chunin," Exhale and inhale. "Exam this year and," Small exhale. "Daiki Sensei is training one of," Small inhale. "My other team-mates."

"The Chunin Exam?" He quickened an eyebrow. "I see." He crossed his arms and closed his eyes, deep in thoughts.

We stood there for a while when I heard a voice on my left.

"Shinju."

I looked in the direction and saw Shino with the rest of his team.

"Shino? Weren't you on a mission?" I asked and straightened my stand.

"It was only D-rank missions." Shino answered and tilted his head to the left to tell he was okay. A silent communication he and I had developed when we were younger. Not that he could have get seriously injured during D-rank mission, but it was always good to know he was okay, physically and mentally.

"Yeah, it was no biggie. We have handled tougher missions than them." said Kiba and placed his hands behind his head.

"We brought lunch." said Hinata while showing a basket she held in her hands.

"Let's take a break." said Neji and walked toward the center of the field.

"Right." I said as the rest of us followed Neji's example.

Guy-sensei ran past me. He said that while Neji and I were training, he will run 500 laps around the village. I stopped counting at 236.

"What time is it?" I asked Neji.

"It's half past noon. Why?"

"Just curious." It's already this late? Times fly by.

I sat down on the ground, still panting. Shino and the others went to my side and sat on the ground as well. Akamaru licked me on the face like he always did. I patted him and toke a bite on the apple I received.

"You seem to have trained hard, Shinju." Shino commented while accepting a package from Hinata.

"Yes, Neji-san keeps one on the toes." I took another bite. Kofura appeared out of nowhere and start eating my apple. I shoved him away and he looked at me like nothing has happened.

"Eat your own apple." I said to him.

~Shinju-sama, I'm hungry!~

"Like I said, eat your own apple."