Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18: No daughter of mine.

Shinju's Pov

A warm, tickling feeling is floating in my stomach, it feels like that only a part of my stomach is in hot water. I know this feeling. Someone is performing Medical Ninjutsu on me, but my bugs tells me that it's not Kabuto. It's someone elses, but who? I know there's two, I can feel the heat from their hands on my stomach. But who could it be? Who would want too help those from the Akatsuki, the world's enemy?

Someone gently place my glasses back on, his movements slow. I could feel the material brush past my temples and over my ears before they were finally settled on my nose. "Oniisan..." I whisper weakly.

"You shouldn't talk now, oneechan. You still need to recover." Shino's voice said and then a hand was placed on my cheek. It was warm and soft and unconsciously I leaned my head on it. The thumb gently stroke my cheek while the others performed their Medical Ninjutsu.

This chakra... I thought while I searched for the hand with my eyes closed. I was still to tired to open them yet. I know this chakra.

I grabbed a hold of a wrist. A small yelp were heard while the person owning the wrist tried to pull it away, but upon seeing (I think) that it was just me, she calmed down. "Sakura..." I said weakly.

"Oneechan, you shouldn't talk now. You aren't done with your recovering." Shino said to me, lifting my head gently. I heard some rusling of the grass before my head were put down in Shino's lap.

"I'm sorry, Sakura..." I said, ignoring Shino's word. "I'm sorry... to you all. I have... brought you great sorrow... just because I..."

"It's okay, Shinju. We understand." Sakura's voice said and she gently put her free hand on top of mine. I shook my head the best I could with Shino's hands on my temples. He was combling my hair, by the way.

"No, you don't... understand. You don't understand the pain of choosing... between two ultimates. And I hope... you never will." I said, thinking back to what Madara said. Either follow his orders and attack the village or let the family die. It was really hard to pull off, to choose either of them, but in that situation, I knew what it was I wanted to protect the most. My family.

Sakura sighed then gently stroked my hand. "I guess I don't then." she said before releasing my hand and returned to the healing.

"That's enough, Sakura, Ino." a new voice said. An all too familiar voice.

"But Hokage-sama, she hasn't recovered yet!" Ino protested, but ended the healing anyway.

"Exactly." Tsunade said. "She's a part of the Akatsuki ergo we have to treat her as one. Take her away." she ordered and then I heard someone shouting, others screaming in pain while my brother's voice had just disappeared in all of the chaos. I finally managed to open my eyes, but the only thing I was met with was an ANBU wearing his coat and all. Then there was darkness as I was knocked out cold.

~*~

When I woke up again, I was tied down to a chair. I opened my eyes, and thanked the Gods that those who have been taking me here hasn't removed my glasses, and saw that metal chains were around my wrists, ankles and waist. My coat on the other hand had been removed and you could see my arms there both had a sealing mark on them there were glowing weakly in the dark. Probably to keep my bugs at check.

I looked around in the room, but it was hard to see cause the place was all dark, there were no lights on, there weren't even a window where the sunlight could peek in. Or the moonlight, if it's that time of the day.

I sat for a while in the darkness, just sitting. I didn't really thought of anything cause what were there to think of? Konoha thought of me as the enemy cause I had joined the Akatsuki and I knew that whatever I said, they wouldn't believe. At least not right away. But I didn't felt like explaining myself cause then I have to repeat things and even though I don't mind to repeat once or maybe twice, I don't like repeating myself over and over again. If they payed attention the first time, why even bother explaining it to them again?