Chapter Two

Ch. 2: I'm an unknown person?

I sat beside Hinata in the restaurant, Barbe-Q, while Kiba sat in front of me as we were eating barbecue. Kiba had tried several times to start a conversation with me by asking questions about my private life, but failed.

"You know, you remind me of Shino. You two really are related to each other." Kiba said while he chewed on a bite of meat.

"We are nothing alike, except for the bugs." I said as I added more of my homemade barbecue sauce I always brought with me.

"Come on, you are totally alike. You are both quiet, strong and smart. I'll bet you're in for bugs too, and you always speak in mystery, like Shino. So don't come here and say you are nothing alike." Kiba anounced. Akamaru, whom I learned was the dog's name, whimpered by his place on the floor, but were ignored by us all.

Did he just call me smart? And strong? No one else than sensei and Ion have called me that.

"Be nice to her, Kiba-kun. And just because they are siblings, doesn't mean they are alike. If we get to know her, we'll be able to see the differences." Hinata said with a small but stern voice.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Kiba said with a careless tone and continued to eat his food.

We continued to eat in silence when another team joined us. A boy with long brown hair sat beside Kiba, forcing Kiba to move so that the black-haired male could join them as well. Ino, the only one I knew among them, sat down beside Hinata, forcing me and her to move so that there were room for us all.

"Hi, Kiba, Hinata. Oh, and hi, Shino. New clothes?" the fat, brown-haired boy asked me, smiling down at us as he chewed on some chips.

"I'm not Shino." I said with my soft but monotone voice.

"What!?" the strangers said in union, the brown-haired male's voice sounding muffled since his mouth was full of chips.

"Wh-Who are you?" stuttered the girl, pointing at me with a finger while giving me a frightening look. Guess I really surprised them all. Heh, and I didn't even try.

"Can't you recognize me, Ino? You should remember your friends, or else you'll hurt their feelings when they call for you." I answered, looking at her through dark glasses.

"What?" she asked in confusion, quickening an eyebrow at me and lowered her hand down to her side.

"Just who are you? asked the black-haired boy. He had his hands in the pockets and his stance seemed a little too tense. Was he afraid of me?

"She's Shino's sister, Shinju." Hinata answered for me since I remained silent.

"Eh, Shino have a sister? I didn't know that." said the brown-haired boy while munching on another bite of chips. Just how much does he eat?

Apparently I'm gonna have a long talk with Shino when I get home.

"We didn't know either. Shino barely talks, after all, and he had never talked about his family." Hinata continued the conversation, oblivious to my thoughts. Of course they can't read my thoughts, that would just be... wrong.

"I see." responded the black-haired boy and his stance turned from tense to relaxed. Seems he wasn't scared of me anymore.

"Shinju... Shinju..." mumbled Ino under her breath, tapping her chin with a finger while her other hand supported the arm.

"Is there something wrong, Ino?" the black-haired boy asked her, looking sideways at her with his dark brown eyes. The other male looked at her as well as curiousity got over him. He had finished the chips bag in his hands and threw it away on the floor and pulled out a new one from one of his pouch. He opened it and started eating from that one.