Chapter Ten

Ch. 10: My toughest training yet.

Three weeks before the finals

I tightened the grip on my kunai. Lee charged against me with a kunai in his hand. He had become healthy enough to start training again.

I barely managed to keep up to him, but he had orders to go easy on me, so he didn't use full force.

Kofura appeared out of nowhere and distracted Lee by crash and bite him. Kofura was at the size of a small dog now, so he could be used in battle if it was necessary.

While Lee was distracted, I charged against him again and cut him on his upper arm. Lee quickly shoved Kofura away and putted some distance from me. He throwed his kunai and I throwed mine and they hit each other in midair and landed on the ground. I putted my hands on the ground and let a wave of bugs charge towards Lee. In the meanwhile, Kofura distracted Lee again. Slowly the bugs moved to Lee and once they reached him, they lifted him up in the air.

"Secret Technique," I said. "Insect Bog!" The beetles squeezed Lee, making him scream in pain. He falls down to the ground, but being the stubborn ninja he was, he rise and prepared himself for battle again.

Two weeks before the finals

I ran alongside with Tenten as she throwed some shurikens against me. I dodged them and sent small balls of insects towards her. She used explosions tag as a counter attack. Kofura flied behind her and landed on her back, which caused her to fall down to the ground. Kofura was now half the size of a pony.

"That's enough, Kofura, you can get off of her now." I said and throwed a kunai just inches in front of her face, showing I had won.

One week before the finals

I flip-flapped backwards and landed safely on my feet. Neji followed me and was about to hit one of my pressure points, but I called my bugs out and made them spin around in circle around Neji, which confused him.

"Eight Trigrams Palm Rotation!" said Neji and spins around. A rotating shield of chakra were created around his body, which caused the beetles to fly away. He faced me again and was panting. He had used up almost all of his chakra and could drop dead any minute.

Kofura, there were the size of a pony now, flied up and fired a fire ball against Neji. Kofura was now able to use his fire. I smirked. Dragons sure grow fast, which were good to my advance.

The day before the finals

Guy-sensei told me to take the day off, so that I could get some rest. And man, I was glad for that. For the past month, I've been training like crazy and been on Guy-sensei's team doesn't make it any easier, since they train almost non-stop. Where Lee and Guy-sensei finds that energy is beyond me...

I've decided to get some barbeque, it's sure been a long time. I entered the restaurant and found an empty table.

I sat there for a while. People often forgets us (Aburame) and we can sit and wait for hours before somebody would take our orders. Luckily the Aburame is born patience and therefore we never get angry at anyone. Well, not the yelling part, of course.

"-we get a day off. We have been training non-stop. Why does the Chunin Exam have to be so tough?" said a familiar voice as a team of three walked in.

"Haru. You always complain and never cooperate without a good reason." I said, catching there attentions.

"Shinju!" yelled Wakana and hugged me tightly as she went to my table. "So, you got the day off, too?" she asked me.

"Yes."