Chapter Seven

Ch. 7: Myth becomes true

They both looked at me, their eyes visible, and gave me a small innocent smile.

"Hey, Shinju. You are home." said Father.

"No playing innocent. Why haven't you two been cleaning the house while I was gone?"

"We have been busy with missions. We did not have the time." Father answered and placed the newspaper down.

"Do you want me to ask Lady Hokage?" If it's were true they been busy with missions, of course Lady Hokage would knew.

"Yes, but only if you want to. Besides, where have you been? Was you not supposed to be home at three o'clock? It is eight now." Father said, worry edging at his voice.

"Wakana came along and took me out shopping. She kinda forced me to." I deadpanned.

"Shinju?" This was the first time Shino talked after I entered the house. I ignored him and went into the kitchen and saw the mop where still there where I left it.

I could hear footsteps coming from the living room. As I washed the floor, I saw Shino in front of me.

"Shinju, I have figured out why I haven't talked about you." Shino started nervously. I looked up in surprise and stopped in my trail.

"Then what is it?" I asked him and placed a hand on my hip, holding the mop with my other hand.

"I was afraid of losing you." He avoided eye contact.

"Losing me?" Okay, that confuses me...

"You would had spent more time with the others then with me. That's why I kept you secret." He explained and shrugged slightly.

I stood and took in what he had said. He was afraid of losing me? That was new.

I placed the mop up against the kitchen table and hugged Shino tight.

"You're not going to lose me. Never." He hugged me back.

"So you forgive me?" He whispered.

"Yeah, I forgive you, your big ego."

He pushed me away from him and looked me in the eyes. Or the glasses since I still had them on.

"I'm not an ego." He said sternly.

"You're a total ego, Shino. You just don't know it. Here," I handed him the mop, "If you haven't noticed, the house is a mess and I bet the garden needs some work too."

He sighed in annoyance and took the mop and start washing the floor. I walked into the living room and looked at my father.

"What is it, Shinju?" he asked and looked up from the newspaper he was reading.

"Don't think you can skip work just because you are my father." I answered while dragging him off the couch. He dropped the newspaper and went along. I dragged him upstairs and gave him instructions about how to clean the bathroom and the other rooms as well. He might be my father, but for the past years, I've been the 'housekeeping mom' and Father slowly forgotten how to clean and cook. Surprised, eh?..

When I finished my explanation, I went downstairs and out in the garden. Sure, here needed some work too. There were weeds starting to grow and it's seems the flowers needs some water.

~~~

I pulled the last weeds off the ground and trashed it in the garbage bag I've received earlier.

I stood up and brushed the dirt off the gloves I was wearing. I then felt someone watching me, just like back in the tower. I'd choose to ignore it and continued my work.