Chapter Twenty One

Chapter 21: The family has grown

At a restuarant

"So, you forgive me, just like that?" Shino asked.

I just shrugged. I didn't felt like having an arguing with Shino, so I just forgave him and let it be. Even so, I could tell he was smiling and that he was glad.

I take my glass of water and drinks it. Shino is sitting beside me while Kiba's sitting in front of me.

So, yeah, I'm the only girl around.

"It's good to have you back though." Shino continues. I look quistioningly at him with a sideglance. I place my glass back down and look down on the table.

"It's good to be back." I say before looking up to Kiba. "So how was your mission?"

"It was total awesome!" Kiba started. "And of course, it was a succes all thanks to me!" He had the biggest grin I had ever seen. I look over to see Shino is shaking his head. I bet this is a typical Inuzuka thing. I look back to Kiba as he brags about the mission and how awesome he were. And Akamaru, of course.

"Shinju-san!"

I stand up from my chair to see... Ion? And Ryou. They've both mattured. And they both got the Chunin vest on...

"Shinju-san!" Ion yelled at the top of his lungs as he pulled me in a hug and twirled around. He was practically squeezing the life out off me.

"Ion... Can't... breath..." I try to say. Ion release me from his grib and I take a deep breath before looking up to my team-mates. They gotten freaking taller too. Like three or four inches higher then me now. And Ion noticed this. He placed his palm so it was facing the ground and compared our sizes by placing his hand near our heads. He smirked once he realized that he was finally taller than me. A couple years ago we had the same height. Ryou, who watched it all with a bored look, took a step next to me and gave me one of his rare smiles. I only look blankly at him.

"Never thought I'll say this, but I've actually missed you." Ryou says and his smile disappears again.

"It's good to be back, thanks." I say quietly. Then I feel an arm being swung over my shoulder. I look over to see Kiba with a confused look.

"Who are these guys?" he asked still looking at them.

"These are my teammates -"

"My name is Ion Yamanaka! The pride and joy in Konoha!" Ion yells while doing a pose. Ryou, Kiba and I sweatdropped by Ion's behavior.

"Ryou Yuki." Ryou says silenty before Ion would speak up again. "And you?" he added.

"The name's Kiba Inuzuka! Nice meeting ya!"

Ryou waved, probably to someone behind us. "Hey, what's up, Shino? Happy to have your sister back around?" he say kinda lazely to my brother who obviously stands behind us.

"Hey! Kiba-san! Wanna join in for some barbeque so we can get to know each other?" Ion ask excited.

"Sorry. We've just eating. Hey!" He pointed at Ryou who glared at him for some reason. "What's your problem?" he snarled.

"Yeah, Ryou-san, Kiba-san haven't done anything wrong, why so angry?" Ion ask our team-mate.

Ryou pointed at Kiba and his glare intensifying. "You get your hands off Shinju-san. Now." he said with a undertone there said; 'Do not do as I say and you are dead'.

"Ryou." I interrupt. "When did you become so overprotective of me?" I ask.

"Since I start to care for my team-mates. Why do you think Ion is Chunin? He didn't managed to do it alone, that's for sure." Ryou say, closed his eyes and crossed his arms while facing the other way.