I hate you

Chapter 35

Miranda

I tap my feet impatiently to keep from freaking out. I chew on my bottom lip and glance at my phone. I try dialing Sam number again and instead of it ringing it goes straight to voicemail. I stand with fright and fear for the love of my life. "I'm not waiting for authorities. I'm going to Paul place now."

"The policemen told us to wait."

"NO." I hiss. Rose take a step back away from me and I grab my keys. Nathalie tries to stop me but I ignore her. There was no way I was going to sit and wait for information. I was going to go and get Sam back myself.

"Mom." Nathalie calls. "You're not thinking clearly. Paul is not himself."

"And that is the reason why Sam shouldn't be around him a minute longer." I almost choke on my spit from thinking of the things Paul could be doing. "He could hurt her."

"You know Sam can take care of herself." Rose say. "Sam is a fighter. She is going to be fine."

"Sam has been forced to save herself countless times. I'm going to save her this time and I will kill Paul if that's what I will have to do."

Ballie, Paul mother stands in shock and surprise.

I head out the front door ignoring her, Nathalie and Rose finally decide to ride with me and Ballie screams saying she is going to call the police and if anything happened to her son she was going to sue. I roll my eyes and speed off. The car ride is silent and all I can think about is Sam and the horrible texts messages I sent her when she didn't answer the phone.

Why did I immediately think she was ignoring me? She was in danger this entire time and I didn't take time out to think that. I swallow and Nathalie squeezes my fingers. I look at her and notice that tears is running down my face. "She's going to be fine." Nathalie whisper to me. I wipe my eyes and focus on getting to Paul house faster.

I park my car in front of the house and storm towards the house. "Wait." Rose stop me. "You can't just storm in there."

"And what is your grand plan. I will not wait another second." I hiss.

"We can sneak in through the back. They never lock the door around here." Rose explains. I nod my head and we sneak through the gate and behind the house. I don't hear any screaming when we step through the small house but I also didn't hear Sam voice either and this make me nervous. I almost scream when I see Austin body on the floor the closer we get to the front but Rose shush me. I swallow and nod my head. Rose slowly bend down and check for a pulse and she whispers, "He is fine."

It looked like he was dragged back here. I step over him and slip off my heels and we then step into the main room to see Paul pacing back and forth and Sam sitting on the couch with a bruised face. Rose charges at Paul and knocks the gun out his hand. Sam jumps up and notice me and I pull her against me.

"Miranda." Sam hisses. "What are you doing here?"

"Saving you." I reply.

"Are you fucking nuts." Sam hisses.

"Rose!" Nathalie screams.

Paul and Rose wrestle for the gun and Sam rushes over to the altercation. I wanted to stop her but she slips through my fingers. Paul pins Rose to the floor and Sam wraps her arms around Paul putting him a choke hold. She squeezes as tight as she can but he was stronger. Rose finally gets up while holding her head and tries to help Sam keep Paul down. Paul shakes and the gun slides across the floor to my feet. I pick it up and point the gun towards the boy, "Stop." I say. "It's over Paul."