Only You

Chapter 28

Rose

3 days later....

I would have to say that I'm the luckiest chick on this earth. I lay on the bed and watch Nathalie get ready for her day. I smile thinking that I am with the person everyone wished they had. She is beautiful, intelligent, a fire-cracker in bed and best of all—

She is honest.

I couldn't do anything but lay in this bed and watch the woman I'm in love with and pray I don't screw this up.

"What are you grinning at?" Nathalie ask me.

I snap out of my thoughts and fears. "I love you." I say. The sentence still feels funny on my tongue but I can't help but smile at the fact that I have the right to say it. I was in love with Nathalie Grayson and I could shout it to the world right now. Nathalie eyes widen. I guess she was still getting use to all of it also. She comes around the bed and kisses me softly. "I love you too." She whisper against my lips.

I deepen the kiss and try to pull her back into the bed. We haven't had sex yet but I didn't want to push her. She pulls back and give me an apologetic smile. "Is something wrong?" I ask. "Are you still upset?"

"No." She pecks me on the lips. "You're perfect."

I smile and Nathalie further explains, "I have to make this interview."

I hate myself for forgetting. "You got this babe."

"I'm nervous."

I kiss her forehead. "There is no need. They would be stupid to not give you the job." Nathalie smiles and kisses me again. She then grab her things and say, "When I get back. Could we talk?"

I walk her to the front door and kiss her again. "For luck even though you don't need it. I love you."

"I love you too."

{}{}

A few hours later and I'm out the shower and done with breakfast. I could hear someone beating on the door so I go and answer it. "Hey, what's up Viv?" I let her in. I will have to say that she has grown on me. I wasn't the type to like everyone only a selective few. But, she was cool.

Viv looks at me oddly and say, "Oh. Sorry. I was looking for Nathalie."

"She's not here." I reply. "Interview for the summer research lab job."

"Oh shit." Viv say. "I totally forgot."

"Did you need anything?" I ask looking at the bag in her hand.

Viv clears her throat. "Umm—she camped at my house when you guys were fighting. These are her clothes." I nod my head while grabbing the bag and toss it on the couch. "Thanks." I say.

"No problem." Viv shrugs. "I only live three doors down." She jokes.

"No really." I say. "Thanks. Nathalie didn't want to be around any of us for obvious reasons. I'm glad you were there for her."

Viv blushes and I escort her to the front door. She turns around and say, "Nathalie really loves you."

"Really?" I ask. I didn't understand why she was saying this but it made me feel good inside. I wasn't really good with accepting the good and positivity in my life. But, I was tired of running. I didn't want to run away like I had did to Joy and the twins. I deserved to be happy. "No. Nathalie loves you very much, Rose. There is no reason for you to question that."