Not Strangers

Chapter 19

"Rose!"

The little brats scream which make me roll my eyes. Nathalie walks into the house behind me and they let go of my leg and scream, "Nathalie!" While dragging her upstairs into their room. I smile while watching her interact with the twins. I loved how supportive she was. I was still struggling with getting use to the twins. But, she was always there for me.

Nathalie and I been dating for two months and I literally didn't have anything to complain about. My grades are awesome and my girlfriend is the best thing that ever happened to me in a long time. Plus, Joy and I was recreating a great relationship. For once I could say everything was....perfect.

"Dinner is almost ready." Joy say getting my attention.

I follow her into the kitchen. "What are you cooking?" I ask. I take in the aroma of whatever was on the stove.

"Pasta." Joy shrugs. "Nothing to special."

I chuckle.

Joy turns around and eye me. "What's funny?"

"My friend Sam." I pause. Is Sam really my friend now? "Nathalie best-friend Sam" I correct. "She loves pasta. I think she would actually kill for it."

"Ah. The twins talk about her all the time. She must be really close to Nathalie."

"Yeah, I don't think Nathalie can live without her..."

Joy pause and arch her eyebrow. "How do you feel about that?"

"Feel about what?" I ask opening the fridge for something to snack on.

"About Sam and Nathalie relationship."

I chuckle, "There is nothing going on. Trust me. Sam is in love with someone else who she would never leave."

"I hope so." Joy turns off the stove. "I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"Thanks." I grin. "But, there is nothing to worry about when it comes to Sam and Nathalie."

I sit down at the table and the twins come pounding into the kitchen with Nathalie behind them.

Nathalie smiles at me and take a seat next to me and we all begin to eat and talk and as I said before. Everything is....perfect.

<><>

"Why is this class do hard?" Sam whines.

We all sit at the table with our notes and laptops. Finals is the worst. It is almost Christmas Break and everyone is struggling to keep it going. Austin wasn't getting any sleep, Sam is struggling in her advance Architectural Design class, and I was just over everything. If it wasn't for Nathalie I wouldn't be in this damn depressing library.

"Can we just go home?" I ask. I wanted to bang my head against the table because of how exhausted I was.

"We still have two more hours to go Rose." Nathalie say while continuing to read her book. She was the only one who wasn't freaking out about finals. Exams was literally a breeze for for.

I sigh while frowning. "Well, I need a break. I'm going to get coffee."

"Oh please." Sam head pops up from her computer. "Please, please get me a pumpkin spice latte extra sweet. It's only limited time."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever." I still to this day wonder how Miranda and Sam work so perfectly. They were so different and Sam could be a kid sometimes. She grins at me before concentrating back on her work. I guess that was it....Sam pushed herself to succeed just as Miranda.