Stares of Death

Chapter 11

I have a grin plastered on my face when I knock on Nathalie door. I've been texting her all day and she invited me over for dinner. After coming to an understanding last week our relationship was stronger and the sex was wilder. I grin even wider thinking about last night.

The door opens revealing Miranda Grayson and I sigh. Unfortunately, there was still one Grayson who hated my guts. Miranda looks me up and down and purses her lip in disgust. Its takes so much for me not to say anything rude.

She was wearing a pants suit and I would be lying if I say she didn't look hot.

"I'm looking for Nathalie." I say.

"Clearly." She replies in a bored tone.

I scowl and continue to stand outside the door because she still hasn't invited me inside. Sam saves the day when things become super awkward.

"Mira. Who is at the door?"

I arch my eyebrow when I see Sam from over Miranda shoulder. Sam grins happily when she sees me and Miranda finally steps out the way. I exhale and walk through the door and Sam leads me to the kitchen.

Thankfully, Miranda goes to the back room leaving Sam and I.

"Nat is out getting groceries." Sam smiles. "Tonight is pasta night."

I swear, Sam was just a big kid. She was always happy and sometimes I wish I had her positive energy. I always wonder what kept her so damn happy all the time.

"Cool." I shrug. I didn't have anything against pasta and watching Nathalie cook would be a complete turn on.

Sam and I head to the living room and she turn on the TV and begin to play the game. I watch and soon become bored as she shoot other players.

"Why do you call Miranda, Mira?" I question curiously. Sam and Miranda relationship was-I don't know. Miranda wasn't the most open person and Sam was just-well Sam.

"Fuck." Sam mutters when she is killed. "It pisses her off." She finally answer my question with a shrug paying close attention to the game. 

"And you like pissing her off?" I ask confused.

"Yeah." Sam frowns at getting killed again. She puts down the joy-stick and look at me. "You're looking too much into things." She says seriously. She then resume the game and I guess that is her way of ending the conversation about her and Miranda.

Moments later someone is walking down the hall and I smile when I notice it is Nathalie. I stand leaving Sam to her game and begin to help Nathalie carry the bags into the kitchen.

"Hello." Nathalie smiles.

I grab her by her waist and bend down to kiss her. I push her softly back into the counter as the kiss deepens and my hand sneak under her loose shirt.

"Whoa." Nathalie pulls back but I don't stop. My lips begin to trail down her neck. "Sam is in the other room."

"Who cares?" I pout. "I missed you."

"Hmm." Nathalie hums in between kisses. She then turn around in my arms and begin to pull different ingredients out the brown paper bag. I smirk and continue to kiss the back of her neck. Her hair was pulled up in a high pony-tail and I rarely get to see Nathalie dressed down like a normal citizen.

"Rose." Nathalie giggles. "Stop."

"Sam isn't paying attention." I whisper in her ear as I hear the bullets from the game Sam was interest in. My hands continue to wander and Nathalie tries to wiggle away from me. I laugh at our game and pin her back into the counter. She turns, now facing me and pout. I bend down and kiss her again in victory. I win. I knew I was acting like a smothering girlfriend but I didn't care. Nathalie eagerly kisses me back with equal passion and I smile into the kiss finally feeling complete after these stressful days.