Chapter 5: Pride & Insecurity

Pride & Insecurity

     "Oh 'deer'!" Sehun exclaimed with a shocked and annoyed tone.

     "H-huh? What happened, Sehun-ah?" Baekhyun asked curiously.

     "Bedsheets! Erggh!"

     "Huh? What's with the bedsheets?"

     "Huff! Hyung, I hate myself!"

     "Ehh?? Why? I don't understand."

     Sehun explained what happened and Baekhyun felt apologetic. He blames himself from taking the plushie from the table. Now, Sehun doesn't know how to deal with the current SHITuation. He just continues to cuss incoherent words and Baekhyun can't help but pout.

     Later, Suho and Chanyeol arrived at the cafeteria. Through Baekhyun's text messages, the two knew what happened and that became the reason why the two rushed to the said place. Chanyeol and Baekhyun hoped for Suho's skills.

---

     "No way I'm gonna do that!" Sehun bursted. All eyes were set on him and after realizing, he bowed down in embarrassment.

     "Phew... Then, you have a better plan perhaps, don't you?"

     "Y-y-y-yeah. I-I-I-I..." He stuttered. Joonmyeon raised his left eyebrow.

     "Phew. Fine. I don't have one. But... I j-just can't!" He continued to say he surrenders.

     "Really? Why so?"

     "Because...B-because... I don't know! I just can't apologize to that doe-eyed feminine guy!" He reacted childishly.

     "Sigh... Because of pride and insecurity, I suppose..." Sehun just nodded sideways in disagreement.

     "Sehun..." Baekhyun spoke. Suho looked at him.

     "Baekhyun, come with him. Also apologize to that boy."

     "H-huh?! Why me?!" He reacted.

     "Because you helped Sehun do things to that poor boy. It's like bullying in some angles."

     "I-I-I-" Baekhyun stuttered. Suho cut off his words.

     "Wow!" He said in a louder voice. It shocked the two while Chanyeol just twitched. "You can't do it because of pride & insecurity. You know your mistakes and you don't want to be badly embarrassed.  You're thinking that if you'll apologize, the boy would count that as a point or an advantage. Are my conclusions, right? Why!? Those were your faults! Why not have humility instead of pride? Why not have friendship instead of insecurity? Why not, Sehun & Baekhyun? Why not?" Suho emphatically expressed his views.

     "You're right, hyung... I apologize." Baekhyun said in a mellow voice. And Chanyeol rubbed his back gently.

     "Not to me but to that boy."

     "Yes. Sehun, let's-" He was cut off due to Sehun's sudden action.

     "Excuse me. I'm leaving." He quickly stood up, took his bag and walked out.

     "Sehun!" Suho called out his attention. It's not a shout, just a loud call. Sehun paused to hear what Suho had to say.

     "Pride... is the only poison... that when swallowed, gives cure..." Suho said with a gentle voice. Sehun looked back over his shoulders with a blank expression. He turned back again and continued to walk out.