Chapter 15: Idiot

Idiot

     "Baek! Baekhyun! Come back!" Chanyeol shouted and ran after the eyeliner boy.

     Baekhyun was running away crying and Chanyeol was worried and was chasing after. The giant knew that tears had already blocked Baekhyun's view and that's the reason why he's worried. Worried that Baek might bump something or someone and wouldn't listen to his warnings. The said tall guy was trying to increase his speed to catch up with Baekhyun while he's persistently calling after him. Although it attracted attention from people at the park, Yeol didn't mind.

     The eyeliner boy was not that careless as what Chanyeol thought. From time to time, he's wiping his eyes to see clearly and even took turns to either sides. That made Chanyeol less worried but he's not yet confident with it. He could see Baekhyun almost tripping from time to time and he could also see him almost bumping a big tree.

     "Baek! You're running straight to a tree!" Chanyeol warned but Baekhyun didn't listen. That was what he's worried about.

     "Leave me alone, Park!" The boy shouted back and ran faster.

     With that, Chanyeol thought of something to himself, "Argh! This stubborn boy runs so fast!" He took a deep breath and sped up. He's getting closer to Baek and the latter was also getting closer to the big tree. His breath hitched and it was already his adrenaline that was giving him the great speed. Reached out the boy's arm, he switched their places and trapped the boy inside his embrace. With his speed, he knew that there would be great momentum and inertia so he prepared for it. His back hit the tree and he let out a loud groan.

      Baekhyun was sobbing and sniffing on his place while covering his face with his hands when he felt the giant's embrace loosened. He also felt those hands dropping down to the sides and he found it wrong. Baekhyun opened his eyes and found Chanyeol sliding down from the tree to the ground with eyes closed. Panic and worry struck him and he forgot his hatred. He's touched of the tall boy's effort to run after him no matter how stubborn he was.

     "Y-Yeol? Yeol! Hey! Park Chanyeol!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he gently tapped the boy's cheeks. He's thinking that Chanyeol was unconscious.

     "Park! You still need to explain so many things to me!" He cried out and cried harder. He couldn't help himself but to just cry and cry.

     "I hate you..." He uttered.

     "And I love you, too..." Baekhyun heard that and opened his eyes wide.

     "Chanyeol!" He exclaimed and hugged the boy tightly. The other just hugged him back.

     "I'm not yet dead for you to cry that hard," Chanyeol whispered to him.

     "Yah! You're an idiot for pretending you're unconscious!" He replied as he pulled away. After he said those words, Chanyeol pulled him back for another hug.

     "At least, it worked. You're the idiot for running straight to a tree," the giant whispered again. Baekhyun was squirming to free himself from the embrace but to no avail since Chanyeol wasn't letting him go.

      "No, you're the idiot for running after me..." The black-haired softly spoke and just hugged back. Then he also snuggled closer to the love of his life.

     "If that's the case, that's the idiocy that I won't stop unless you refrain from running away from me. So don't do that again if you don't want me to be an idiot..." And with those words, the boy with smudged eyeliner had his heart moved. He was touched and he couldn't deny that he's experiencing wildly kicking sparks and chills all over his body.