Chapter 21: His Letter

His Letter

     Sehun scratched his head with frustration after reading that message. He couldn't even focus while he had his shower. He felt the guilt consume him and he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't want to reply for he's still feeling mad, feeling jealous. Sehun even thought that there's the presence of pride and it made him remember the words Suho once emphasized to them, that "Pride is the only poison that when swallowed, gives cure." He just made a mental note that he would just swallow it on the next day for he found it hard to accomplish at the moment. Had no other choice, white puppy just ignored the message and went on with his life.

     The Oh was watching TV when he could no longer ignore what's happening to them. The thought of a broken friendship visited his mind and he vigorously shook his head, not wanting the thought. He stood up from where he sat and turned off the TV. Prepared a pen & a paper, he started to write a letter of sincere apology. Sehun wrote what he felt which caused his ignorance to Luhan. He described that heavy, cloudy & stinging feeling but he didn't specify that it's jealousy, as what Kai & Dyo told him to be. He smiled when he finished writing the letter in a sky blue scented paper.

Dear deer,

    Hello, hyung! Don't mind that deer on the greeting. Hehe! Well, this letter isn't an invitation letter nor a love letter. This one is an apology letter. Yeah. You've read it right. I opted to write this instead of saying it to you personally because I was thinking that I might not have the courage and might end up being emotional in front of you instead.

     I would like to apologize for ignoring you that you even texted me you hate me. I'm sorry... I'm really sorry. It's just that I'm thinking that you badly need to spend time with Minseok-hyung. You two looked so close and inseparable. I didn't want to be the third wheel so yeah, I just decided to stay away. I also didn't want to feel out of place, like what I had felt at the CR and when we went out of that place together. That time, I felt a heavy, cloudy & stinging feeling I couldn't take to feel for too long. Maybe I just got used to the feeling that we're always together and found it unusual when Minseok-hyung came.

     Sorry for that. It wasn't in purpose. But that's how I felt. I'm just being honest. I know, you don't want to be fooled by lies and I know that I have acted like an immature person. So here I am, swallowing my pride and humbling myself. I'm sorry once again, hyung... I hope everything's okay now. So... Up for a bubble tea? My treat. You know, peace offering. If you'll come after class, I'll take it as a sign that we're in good terms again. Well, take care always, hyung... I'll be waiting for you there. XOXO

Sincerely yours,

Oh Sehun

     That was his letter for his hyung. He made sure that he wrote the date and he signed it. Having a cute smile, he folded the handwritten letter and put it inside a white envelope. And to complete it, he sealed it with a white puppy sticker.

     Just right after he placed the sticker with a smile, he heard the door of his room being knocked. The boy sprang on his foot and opened it. It was his mom who just got home with his dad.

     "Sehun, have you eaten your dinner already?" She asked.

     "Yes, mom. I already washed the dishes and utensils. Why so, mom?"

     "'Cause we've brought pizza. Well, will you eat with us? If you're feeling too full, we'll just leave you some."

     "Oh. No, no. Let's just eat together," Sehun answered, a bit happy upon hearing the brought pizza.

     They went downstairs to eat the  pizza together. The boy felt full but he thought, this could be the time where they could have some sort of talk and bonding. He could feel that his parents were making efforts to restore their relationship which seemed to be dead. He knew that his parents could feel the boundary that separated them. And he also knew that both parties wanted to demolish that boundary.