Chapter 17: The House

The House

    After an evening at the mall with friends, Sehun was ushered home by Luhan & his driver. That time, the brunette remembered how they had driven him home without asking his address. Sehun didn't hesitate to ask his hyung about it and the said hyung answered him. Shocked by the younger's query, he took time before answering. Luhan said that he just scanned the belongings of Sehun such as notebooks and books until he saw the address on a pocket dictionary. The brunette's lips formed into an O upon hearing the explanation. Along the ride, the two talked about the success their plan achieved, feeling good and proud about it. When Sehun was about to hop off the car, they exchanged goodbyes. Luhan pinched Sehun's soft cheeks and ruffled the boy's smooth brown hair. Refulgent smiles could be seen on their faces and it's like they got too fond of their brother-like treatment already.

     The next day came and it's Sunday. The digits 1, 0, 4 & 7 could respectively be seen on Sehun's clock. Birds were chirping and that created sound plus the warm kiss of the sunlight on Sehun's cheeks waked up the said boy. Headed straight to his CR, he washed his face thoroughly. After wiping his face with a towel, he went downstairs to have a breakfast. There, he was greeted by his father who was watching a movie.

     "Oh. Sehun. You're awake."

     "No, dad. I'm sleepwalking," Sehun deadpanned in his thoughts. "Yes. Good morning, by the way," he spoke.

     "Have a breakfast already."

     "Where's mom?" He asked as he walked towards the kitchen.

     "She went to the grocery. She'll be back soon," his father answered without averting his eyes from the screen.

     "I see. Uhmm... Dad?"

     "Yes?" He shortly replied. The boy was feeling like the cold treatment was returning.

     "C-Can I go later?"

     "Of course. But where are you going?" His father looked back at him.

     "Ahh, just to my friend's house."

     "Do you need money?"

     "I still have money in here. It's okay."

     "Well, just take care of yourself."

     "Thank you, dad."

     "You're welcome. You're growing up so you must learn things on your own and handle them alone."

     Sehun clearly heard what his father said to him despite of the television's rising volume. He didn't know but the last word replayed on his mind like a mantra. "Alone... Alone... Alone..." It echoed like a prayer uttered to bring a curse. He knew that's not what his father meant but that's what his mind was telling him.

     Sehun tried to shrug off the thought but success only came after numerous attempts. He thought that at least, he succeeded. After he had his breakfast, which was more likely a brunch, he prepared for a stroll outside. Actually, he lied to his father because the truth was Sehun had some plan.

     With a white T-shirt and short jeans, Sehun was walking down the alleys and streets for some minutes. When he reached some place, he got a bit tired. He sat down the gutter across a quite big house. The boy kept on staring at the said house for seconds until the seconds became minutes. He thought deep inside him that there's something with the house. Sehun hadn't noticed a figure looking at him from the window of the house for some seconds. White puppy stood up and was about to leave but something happened.