Chapter 29: Colours

Colours

      The talk with Xiumin ended few moments after making Sehun realize his love for Luhan. It simply ended like, "Think about it, Sehun. He might look for or taken by someone else. I'm going. Bye. And by the way, we never kissed. If that's what you thought before, especially when you passed by this playground and ran away. Luhan just blew air to my eyes since there was dust." And Sehun was left there gaping whilst Xiumin walked away to the other side of the playground, not forgetting to halt and wink towards Tao and Chen.

     The two approached the dumbfounded boy. They were wondering what Xiumin and Sehun talked about  that the latter ended up like that. Standing near him, they just waited for the white boy to acknowledge their presence. When they realized that brunette was trapped in his trance, Jongdae just cleared his throat.

     "Oh... Taozi, Chen-hyung... How long have you been there?"

     "Not long really. Just a dozen of minutes," Chen playfully answered with sarcasm and smiles.

     "What did you talk about? You seem to be thinking of it very deeply," the panda-eyed asked.

     "Nothing particular. He just said I'm in love."

     "Nothing particular, huh?" Jongdae remained playful.

     "Seriously? In love?"

     "Yes, Taozi. With a beautiful deer..." And the two were surprised as they knew what and who Sehun was talking about.

---

     The lisp was just staring at his phone, eyes focused to the blinking insertion point. He wanted to create a text message but he didn't know what to type. The recipient's name and contact number were already there but he just couldn't type anything.

     Letting his phone sleep, he left it on top of his study table and fished something out of his bag. When he was carrying it to the study table, a corrected test paper slipped out of the notebook. It was his exam in Physics which he perfected. When he picked it up, he saw the messy back page. But despite of the solvings and scribbles, one thing caught his eye. It was a heart doodle... with wings and antlers... Yes, angel wings and deer antlers.

     "Son! Your friends are here!" His mother called out from below, startling him and putting an end to his gentle smile.

     He inserted back the paper to his notebook and placed it above the study table. Sehun then shouted back, "Coming, mom!"

     He went down and he's greeted by four refulgent smiles. His friends came over to hang out since it's Saturday and they have nothing much to do. Well, it's been days since the day Xiumin talked to Sehun.

     "Good morning, Sehun-ah," Baekhyun chirped first and the others followed.

     "Good morning to you, too," he responded with a mild tone.

     "Sehun, will all of you be okay, here? We have to go to shop for some goods," Mr. Oh wanted to confirm before leaving.

     "Yes, dad. We'll be okay. We'll try to make things okay," Sehun smilingly said.

     "Try to make things okay? What do you mean?"

     "Oh, mom. We'll try to make things okay which means, we'll try not be so messy here."

     "Fine, then. Just be sure. Boys, make yourselves at home. We'll be going now, okay?"

     "Okay, Mr. Oh," the boys replied in unison.