Chapter 23: And His Poem

And His Poem

     Time passed and there's still no good news with Luhan & Sehun. One of the latter's side was thinking that fights in friendship & brotherhood was normal but another side of him was screaming that it might not be the common misunderstanding anymore. He wanted to consume his pride and step down to the low level but he simply just couldn't. There's just something more than pride that's disabling him to do it. What it was? He hadn't the slightest idea. Maybe the thought of Minseok and Luhan together. Maybe the thought that his older brother figure would reject him. Maybe the inexplicable pain of unknown source that arises every time he sees them. Maybe one. Or two. Maybe all. And well, maybe none  of the above.

     The brunette was reminded of the upcoming book signing event of his parents. He had already grabbed a copy of his parents' collaboration entitled "A Blink Of Joy". Staring at the book, Sehun remembered what Luhan once said out of blue.

     "You'll surely like this book. How I wish we could read this together, hyung..." The brunette self-talked as he bore in mind that Luhan loved both fantasy and romance books & novels.

     Trying to uplift his spirits, the boy just reached out his phone and sent a message to Tao. The text contained Sehun's invitation to Tao regarding the book signing event and also the postscript saying, "Have lunch with us tomorrow. See ya!" Few seconds passed and a confirmation from Tao was received. After which, he forwarded the edited message to his circle of friends. Although he got no reply, his hopes were still solid. Even just one more companion would do.

     The sun set and rose. Wednesday came and Sehun's parents were busy preparing themselves for the book signing. The lunchtime also came and Zitao was there. He was hesitant and shy at first but when the seven Koreans had set up the jolly mood, the Chinese had coped up and it made Sehun happy, knowing that their circle of friends enlarged and that future enlargement wouldn't be difficult.

     Keeping his promise, Sehun attended the said event. He's not alone for he brought some company. Right after their class ended, white puppy and Tao rushed out of their classroom. When they reached Sehun's locker, Kyungsoo was already waiting there, smiling to the fact that his waiting ended.

     "Is Jongin not coming?" The owl-eyed ask.

     "He's not. He and Joonmyeon-hyung have some family appointment," Sehun answered as he unloaded some things from his bag and put it in his locker.

     "Is that so?" The short boy asked as they started to walk away from the lockers.

     "Yeah. Why? Feeling like something's missing?" White puppy inquired which caught Kyungsoo off guard.

     "H-hah? Y-yah... N-no. No. Why'd you ask?" He answered, obviously flustered.

     "Nothing," he said as he just smiled. "If only Luhan-hyung and I are like Kai & you right now," his thoughts wanted to voice out.

     "Se? What time will we go home?" The panda-eyed asked as he fumbled with his phone. "My mom wanted to know."

     "I don't really know, Zi. But I believe we won't be going home late. If ever you'll need to go early, I can just excuse you."

     "Oh. Thanks. Around 7 maybe?"

     "Or maybe 6."

     The three of them had reached the place. The program had already started when they arrived but the Oh couple were already happy knowing their son made it together with some friends.

     "A Blink Of Joy..." Kyungsoo trailed off as he looked up on a tarpaulin with the book's cover.

     "What is this book about?" The Chinese asked the lisp.