Chapter 9: Not That Bad

Not That Bad

     "I'm sorry. I really t-thought you stole the d-deer plushie that I bought f-for Baekhyun-hyung," he apologized and handed over the deer plushie.

     "I'm a-also sorry f-for being like a m-meanie to you... It's just that I-I-I started to meet b-bad vibes since we f-first bumped," he continued to stutter. The deer boy just eyed at him.

     "A-also, thank you for saving me. You still helped me despite of the fact that we're like mortal enemies. I guess, I-I owe you my l-life," he tried to minimize the stammering.

     The other just cutely pouted. "I'm not that sadistic and stone-hearted to let you drown in there." Sehun smiled.

     "Take this as a peace offering and this one as a thank you gift." He gave a deer keychain and a wristband with some sort of plate embedded for printing purpose.

     "T-thank you. I just... I wanna apologize, too, Sehun. I just hate it that you annoy me always so I annoy you back. I'm sorry." Sehun was smiling.

    "And... thanks a million for running away from me quickly after you pulled my arm and saved me from an accident," the deer boy said laughingly, making Sehun smile sheepishly.

     "I can explain. No problem with that actually. Except that I was surprised and I didn't know what to do." The deer boy bursted into laughing.

     "You're weird..." He said, still smiling.

     "Yeah. Fine. Well, I know you knew me already but I guess, we better do it more formally. I'm Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you," he changed the topic and stuck out his right hand.

     Mr. Blondie put away the presents from Sehun and took the hand. "I'm Xi Luhan. It's nice to meet you, too," he spoke as they shook their hands.

     "Oh, Luhan, huh? Well, uhhh... Friends?" White puppy asked.

     "Yep. Friends," Luhan simply replied.

     As Sehun shook hands with Luhan, he felt somewhat good. He thought to himself, "Suho-hyung was right." He now agrees that "Pride is the only poison that when swallowed, gives cure." He didn't know why but he really felt freaking good like thorns were plucked out of his flesh. He kinda felt relieved maybe? He just realized that Luhan was not bad at all. Maybe it was just his imaginations. Imaginations of how bad, mean, cruel and sadistic Luhan could be. He thought to himself that maybe his Yeol-hyung was also right. That Luhan was his angel. The angel that gave him the  second chance to live. Sehun felt ashamed as he remembered the things he have done to the cute boy. The shooting of daggers, the cutting of the knife-like words, the bumping of shoulders and arms, the stepping of feet, the spilling of bubble tea, and the worst, the wrong accusation about the stealing of the plushie White puppy concluded that his cold and bitter attitude could really cause troubles.

     They slolwly pulled away. Both of them felt a little bit awkward. Who wouldn't? Formerly enemies, currently friends. After the long awkward silence, one of them spoke.

     "So, we'll just remain in awkward silence?" Luhan asked after gathering a huge amount of courage.

    "Uhhh... I'm sorry. I just don't know what to say."

     "And I'm hesitating to say something. Is this true? Maybe this is just a small part of another big scheme," the blonde suspected.

     "Wow. I'm not that bad," the brunette defended himself.

     "Weh? But once you teamed up with that eyeliner boy just to make me slip the moment I go out of the washroom."

     "Really? I can't remember something like that."