Chapter 6: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: So big moment happening at the end of this chapter ;] and after that there will be a very brief time skip to when the leaf gets to the sand because it takes them about two days or so to get there and basically this moment goes on for about a day and half. Haha sorry it's short but it's a needed bridge so please enjoy :D**

Deidara

I walked slowly beside Sasori as we turned our backs to the sand village and began the journey to the extraction location; the Kazekage was held by the bird that flew beside us.

“What took you so long?” He finally asked and I sighed.

“Rin” I noticed him pause a moment before picking up the pace to catch up to me.

“She was there?” I nodded.

“Showed up mid-battle. Her lightning jutsu against my earth; she slowed me down.” He nodded slightly.

“Where is she now?” I shrugged.

“Safe maybe, she looked in rough condition but the Kazekage here made sure to get her safety out of the air” I heard him chuckle.

“If we had known he cared so much for Rin then we could have sent a ransom. He would have come.” I sighed.

“Maybe”

“But neither Itachi nor Pein will be very happy when they discover you left her behind.”

“My job was to get the one tails; Rin shouldn’t have been there anyways” He shrugged.

“If you defeated her then it shouldn’t have been a problem to bring her back” I rolled my eyes. That was the problem, I hadn’t defeated her. She exhausted herself when she made my bomb disappear. She was skilled I’ll give her that but she was still no Itachi. Not with that illness, it was holding her back. If that disappeared then nothing would stop her.

“She’ll come back, once she’s rested” I finally said.

“True, I’m sure she’ll want to kill you in revenge for the Kazekage” I rolled my eyes again but I knew he was right. Rin was in no condition to catch up any time soon, but when she did and she found the Kazekage already dead then she would be pissed and I already knew her wrath was going to come down on me.

Itachi

I paused mid-step when I felt a chill down my spine and for whatever reason the first thought that came to mind was my little sister. I turned slightly glancing over my shoulder almost expecting her to be there but nothing, no one just forest. I listened for anyone, but again just the wind. I wanted to shake the feeling but something pressed on my mind; something was wrong with Rin.

“Yo, Itachi why are you stopping?” I glanced up as Ai turned her eyebrow raised in confusion but curiosity was in her brown eyes. I stood straight and shook my head.

“No reason, it’s nothing” I replied. She placed her hands on her hips and I noticed her ears twitch in annoyance as she threw her white hair behind her shoulder.

“Lying will get you nowhere” She warned with a frown. I supressed the urge to roll my eyes.

“It’s none of your concern” I replied again to which she sighed.

“If it’s Rin I think it is, I mean c’mon were practically sisters” I released a short sigh.

“And Rin is actually my sister, so when it comes to her and I chose to tell you nothing you’ll accept that and move on.” I could see the fire flare in her eyes but she knew just as well as I did that she’d get nothing more.

“You Uchiha are all the same” She replied with an exasperated sigh before she turned marching off to catch up with Kisame. I released another sigh before I looked up the sky, like it would hold the answer to what was wrong with Rin. I guess all I could do was wait for the sign for the extraction and if she was there then I would know; if not then I’d have to wait three days to figure out why she wasn’t.

Rin

Lights kept going in and out of focus but most were a blur above me. I could feel a slight wind and rushing footsteps along with panicked voices.

“We must get her to surgery immediately!” A voice above me shouted. I wanted to say something, to ask why but all that came out was a violent cough and I felt the blood bubble up my throat. I choked for air then and my mind went blank for a moment.

“Sit her up, she’s choking!” Another voice shouted and I felt strong hands push and pull me to a sitting position. I leaned against them only for a moment before managing to push aside one of them as I doubled over throwing up on the floor. I felt my chest tighten, my stomach churn and waves of pain coursed through my body as hot tears began to run down my cheeks. I caught a glimpse of a pool of red where I had just thrown up before I was pushed back down into the bed again.

“W-What, what’s going o-on” I managed to choke out.

“Don’t talk Princess, were nearly to the emergency room just hold on.” A voice replied urgently. I heard a set of doors thrown open and we suddenly stopped again.

“Alright transfer her to the operation table quickly!” The same voice shouted. I felt a strong pair of hands take my arms and another took my legs as I quickly transferred to another bed.

“She’s burning up!” Another shouted and not soon after I felt my bangs being pushed back as my headband was taken off and replaced with a cool cloth. I flinched when I felt a sharp pain in my wrist and began to panic slightly when a mask was put over my mouth.

“Easy Princess, you’re in the Sungakure hospital.” A gentle voice explained and I managed to relax some.

“Where are her charts?” Another voice demanded and I heard the rustling of a paper.

“Her organs are shutting down sir, we don’t have much time.” A panicked voice added and hit me then; I was dying. I was actually dying.

“What’s the cause?”

“An illness it seems” The voice replied.

“We have to remove it, it’s her only chance” The same voice added.

“How high is the chance of her survival?” It was silent for a moment.

“Fifty-fifty” A voice finally said. I managed to open my eyes but only saw blurs. I released a shaky breath managing to push myself up slightly and the blurs turned to face me.

“D-Do it” I managed before falling back to the bed. It was silent then a moment longer and voice sighed.

“Alright, get her prepped. We have no time to waste.” I let my eyes fall closed and my body only felt heavier when I felt a cool liquid shoot into my arm. I guess this was it, if the surgery failed I’d die, my life was in the hand of the sand medics. The voices became a whispered then faded into nothing as the world went dark. I’ve never gone down without a fight, and I wasn’t about to start now.