Chapter 83: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

**Authors Note: 

This one is a little longer than the others but I couldn't find a way to make it any shorter. I'm sure you guys don't mind haha. 

So quick poll update! Kakashi is still in the lead, Gaara is up second with no one in third and Shikamaru is fourth. There have been no new write-ins. I have decided the poll will stay up until either the Hokage summit or once I reach 100 chapters in this book. I will let you know my final decision as soon as I decide! 

**Edit: Voting closed as of 2016**

Now then please comment, vote, and of course enjoy!

**

Itachi

I wasn't sure how to explain it, mostly because I couldn't understand myself. It was really just a feeling. I knew Rin was holding it in, the panic and fear she was feeling from my words but right now that was for the best. She needed to focus, she needed to keep moving forward. Once again there was no time for her to slow down.

"Can I bring you back?" Rin asked and I smiled slightly.

"That is unclear" I admitted.

"Will, I ever see you again?" She asked and I nodded slowly.

"I believe so, remember, our bond runs much deeper than just blood. We've been connected for years by great power and I don't see that power leaving either of us now" I explained gently.

"What am I supposed to do? Leave the village again?"

"If you believe that's what's best then yes Rin, but I think you've spent enough time running." I admitted.

"How am I supposed to control him? I-I can't just let him take control whenever I'm under stress Itachi. He has no limits; he just destroys everything"

"I know, and as I've mentioned now that you're aware it'll much easier for you to access his power and still remain conscious" I explained and she nodded slowly.

"Are you really dead?" She asked and I sighed slightly as I put an arm around her shoulders.

"Part of me, yes. This part of me, I think will continue to live on through you and the jubi" I replied.

"And any struggle you have against him; I'll be here to push you forward" I said firmly and she nodded again as we stared at the fire.

"I miss you" She said suddenly, her voice strained.

"Everyday" I glanced at her, and noticed a tear run down her cheek that she quickly wiped on the back of her hand. I pulled her a little closer into a tight side hug.

"I miss you too" I admitted.

"I only wish our last days together could have been more honest" She smiled slightly and shrugged.

"I always knew Itachi, I knew who you were and are and I never doubted it. Our days together were as honest as they could have been. In the end, you were always who I thought you were" She replied.

"Who's that?" I questioned.

"My big brother" I smiled again about to reply but noticed her flinch, her hand grabbing her head.

"Rin" I said slowly.

"I-I'm fine, I..." She sucked in a sharp breath.

"Rin, what is it?" I asked, worry in my voice.